Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 915840 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1935 on: October 24, 2009, 11:55:19 PM »
Cheers WP  :cheers

Hi MT!
So when exactly do the boys hit the track again? And more importantly where?
I'm going through the footy withdrawals big time too, in the midst of the horror of all this BORING Spring Racing nonsense, and am up for some sessions at Punt Road, Gosch's Paddock or Vic Park. I hope they're not ready to start at Craigiburn yet. That's a bit too far afield for me.
I was going to ask you RR the same question  :D as I don't know where it'll be held either. Does Joan know?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1936 on: October 26, 2009, 03:00:01 PM »
From the RFC twitter page:

The Tigers officially begin pre season training today. Info on public training sessions to be announced. Stay tuned to the RFC web site.

http://twitter.com/richmond_fc

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1937 on: October 26, 2009, 06:09:28 PM »
From BF:

"Drove past today and saw them running around. I'm sure I saw Kayne Petttifer taking shots on goals. There were only about 20 of them."

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16136280&postcount=2

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1938 on: October 26, 2009, 09:08:25 PM »
From BF:

"Drove past today and saw them running around. I'm sure I saw Kayne Petttifer taking shots on goals. There were only about 20 of them."

Surely Petts has been delisted  ???.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1939 on: October 26, 2009, 09:11:55 PM »
From BF:

Surely Petts has been delisted  ???.

Well the HUN was saying he is holidaying in the US because Browny & Richo caught up with him

I think it is fair to say he is gone.

Well only a few more sleeps and we will know the complete list of the de-listed  :rollin

On training I believe some started back today are another lot are due in on Wednesday
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1940 on: October 26, 2009, 09:34:16 PM »
Well the HUN was saying he is holidaying in the US because Browny & Richo caught up with him

I think it is fair to say he is gone.

Well only a few more sleeps and we will know the complete list of the de-listed  :rollin

On training I believe some started back today are another lot are due in on Wednesday
Ta WP  :cheers

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1941 on: October 27, 2009, 09:35:46 PM »
Taken from Bigfooty.

Was driving on Punt Road today and saw a few of the boys running around so I popped in for about 1/2 hour.

As others have said it look to be the first to fourth year players out there.

Players I can confirm seeings:
Edwards, Conners, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Browne, Rance, Nahas, Gilligan, Post, Gourdis, Putt, Hislop, Collins, and what looked like Farmer (smallish bloke with short blonde hair)

Anyway, as Hardwick promised, the balls are out already. I saw a couple of drills. In the first drill coaches were poping balls up to "fowards" in which a "defender" had to come from front on and spoil without trying to give the free kick. Browne was actually very good at defending - beat Gourdis and Riewoldt more then not.

Then it moved on to some short lead and mark drills (non-contact) in which two teams simply had a 1-on-1 oppoent who they had to lead to the ball then pass it 20 - 30m up to the next guy in the chain. Gilligan was the best at this. Each player only had 4 or 5 kicks each, but his kicking was presitine over the distance. Where as a few players kicked it straight to there teammate, Gilligan always kicked it to the side they were running too.

As for the leading and marking, Jack looked the most comfortable. He certainly has a swagger about him, as if he knows he's the best. Expecting a big year from him

After this they pretty much called it a day.

As far as I could tell the rehab group was Cotchin, Collins, Farmer and Hislop as they only took part in some light kicking excercises and no running.

Conditioning wise, noone really stood out. Nahas and Gilligan are still very small, though Gilligan has some nice pins . Collo hasn't added weight (maybe lost some in fact). Physically Chimp look excellent as does Riewoldt who may have put on some size. Titch Edwards has worked on his shoulders and back a bit but still has no arms to speak of. Conditioning wise, Conners was the one who impressed me the most. For the first time I actually saw some definition in his arms. The other major stand out was Posty for his size. Hasn't put any weight on, but is a really big boy now. Significantly taller then Rance (192cm).

Everyone seems to be in good spirits, alot of pats on the back.

As far as coaches go, Hardwick was the one explaining the drills and then was assessing the players. Leppitch was there, and he is a monster of a unit. He took some rills with the bigger boys, completetly outmuscled them. I think Cambo and Free (?) were there aswell, but on the far side. A big bloke was there in a cap, wasn't Monkhurst. I thought it could have been Lade but he did look quite young.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16145099&postcount=12

Edit: added link
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 11:16:54 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1942 on: October 27, 2009, 11:20:56 PM »
Cheers for that Danog and to RichosGuns for the report.

Hopfully Cotch's rehab isn't too long and he can get into full training in the next month. Good to hear Connors sounds fitter  :pray.

Interesting that Putty and Goo were there. I guess the question is will they still be after Oct 30 but you would think so as it would be weird to bring them back for just one week.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1943 on: October 28, 2009, 01:45:51 AM »
RichosGuns said he may have confused thinking a dreadlockless Vickery was Putt.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16147970&postcount=19

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1944 on: October 28, 2009, 05:48:37 PM »
I got to training at Punt Rd today just as it was finished  :P but I was told they trained for about 45 minutes. I didn't see Hardwick but Lade, Leppitsch, Cambo and Clarke were all there. The word at training is the coaching staff are fully aware it's going to take a couple of years to get things right such is the state of the list.

The playing group was about 25-30 strong on the other side of the ground. Most had gone in by the time I got into the ground. Thomson and Rance stayed out longer with Cambo doing handball. I also saw Cuz, McGuane (looked more solid in the upper body), Kel, Morton, Connors, Simmonds and Jack. I was told Vickery (with the dreads gone), Postie, Tucky, Polly and Gourdis were there as well. Richo was also at training although apparently he didn't do much. We bumped into Neville Crowe too as he was driving out and as we were chatting to him we held up Richo in the car behind lol.

No photos sorry as the players had gone in. I'll try to get some next week.

Online torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1945 on: October 28, 2009, 06:17:28 PM »
when do they start training at Craigy?

:)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1946 on: October 28, 2009, 06:33:06 PM »

I think they have to build the pavilion first as there's no changeroom facilities right now.

Tigermonk

« Reply #1947 on: October 29, 2009, 10:08:05 AM »

I think they have to build the pavilion first as there's no changeroom facilities right now.

does that not surprise anyone  ;D Richmond always do things backwards

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1948 on: October 29, 2009, 11:10:53 AM »

Talk about taking any chance you can to stick the boot in

Weren't you leaving?

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1949 on: October 29, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »

very harsh there Monk seeing the RFC is not paying for Craigieburn not a cent  :thumbsup

Blame the delays on red tape and all the partners involved in funding...Govt may promise money butgetting them to hand it over can take a while
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)