Author Topic: Tiger Training  (Read 916659 times)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Tiger Training
« Reply #1980 on: November 03, 2009, 11:00:16 PM »
So no reports from todays training then??
Hopefully tomorrow (Wed) if I can make it and know where it's being held :pray.

Not losing your touch are you mate...... :lol
I did last week. I turned up just as they finished  :wallywink. Until they get into the regular preseason routine it's harder to know when and where we train. Not everyone (mainly the oldies) is back yet.

Be looking forward to it tomorrow mate... ;)
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1981 on: November 04, 2009, 09:30:04 AM »
Hi MT,

I don't know if I've caught you in time. But I just found out that training is at Punt Road this morning (Wed) at 10:00. Hopefully I'll CU there.

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1982 on: November 04, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »
The session went for about 2 and a half hours. The first two thirds was devoted to ball work, and the last third was running, so I think they had the right balance between skills and fitness.
They started off in a 5-point star formation in groups of six, criss-cross handballing, then split into smaller groups. The rucks were contesting under the watchful eye of Brendan Lade, Campbo took some midfielders and was going  through a fairly complicated clearance drill, and the defenders were working man -on-man on their spoiling. A couple of other groups were shuffling the ball around. Eventually they got into their end-to-end work, and match simulation.
Polak was training with the group, as were the two Irishmen, and four Coburg players that I didn't recognise.
I didn't see Cotchin or Andy Collins, but Nathan Foley and Richo were both running. Hislop was restricted to running laps, and Lids and Bling were only doing a bit of kick to kick together early before disappearing up the race. I don't know what, if anything, was hampering them.
Mitch Farmer didn't train. We asked him how he was doing, and he said he'd had a cyst removed from his knee, and would be back on track by December.
When they started sprinting laps, Hardwick, Leppitsch, and some of the other fitness staff joined in with the running. I was very impressed with Andrew Browne who looked to have dropped some kilo's, and looked more streamlined. He was actually heading the running on the last lap.
That's about all that I can recall.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1983 on: November 04, 2009, 01:53:57 PM »
Thanks a lot, RR. :)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1984 on: November 04, 2009, 01:55:49 PM »
When they started sprinting laps, Hardwick, Leppitsch, and some of the other fitness staff joined in with the running. I was very impressed with Andrew Browne who looked to have dropped some kilo's, and looked more streamlined. He was actually heading the running on the last lap.

I don't watch training, but from what i've read Terry Wallet was hardly ever there, let alone joining in any sessions.

It's good to see the coaches getting involved, i think they'll get a lot more respect from the players doing this.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1985 on: November 04, 2009, 02:24:10 PM »
I went as well. Thanks for the heads up RR  :thumbsup. You've summed it up well already  :cheers so I'll just add some extra snippets.

It sounds as though Foley is still getting over his ankle or some kind of leg injury. He said he was having trouble accelerating.

Doing full training were Thursty, Simmo, Jack, Edwards, Jordie, Polo, McGuane, Newy, Rance, Morton, Tucky, Jacko, Vickery, Thomson, Gourdis, White, Postie, Nahas, Connors, Moore, Browne, Gus, Gilly and Kingy. Cuz about half the session and then did some laps on his own. As one of the oldies I don't think he was expected to do the full session.

Both Irish boys were there as well. We also had 4 Coburg ring-ins training with us. We couldn't recognise the faces but I'll have a look at the photos I took and see if I can find out who the four are.

One other little thing I noticed was players who went to get a drink were expected to get another one for a teammate as well. Likewise if you finished your run first then you gave encouragement to the others still running. All ideas to build up team spirit and doing things for each other.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #1986 on: November 04, 2009, 02:43:31 PM »
how is Cotchin going?

:)

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1987 on: November 04, 2009, 02:59:46 PM »
Great reports guys, thanks for the info, anyone copping a blast yet or is it too early??

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Con65

« Reply #1988 on: November 04, 2009, 03:18:04 PM »

Wayne:I don't watch training, but from what i've read Terry Wallet was hardly ever there, let alone joining in any sessions.
It's good to see the coaches getting involved, i think they'll get a lot more respect from the players doing this.
[/quote]

Talk about recreating history...who said Terry was "hardly ever" at training?  I think the fact that you can't spell his surname displays your bias.  Further what has Terry got to do with today's training session? Answer: nothing, totally irrelevant.

Thanks for the report guys, much appreciated.  The water bottle issue seems to be a small step in respect of the bigger issue - working for the team.

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1989 on: November 04, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »
I went as well. Thanks for the heads up RR  :thumbsup. You've summed it up well already  :cheers so I'll just add some extra snippets.

It sounds as though Foley is still getting over his ankle or some kind of leg injury. He said he was having trouble accelerating.

Doing full training were Thursty, Simmo, Jack, Edwards, Jordie, Polo, McGuane, Newy, Rance, Morton, Tucky, Jacko, Vickery, Thomson, Gourdis, White, Postie, Nahas, Connors, Moore, Browne, Gus, Gilly and Kingy. Cuz about half the session and then did some laps on his own. As one of the oldies I don't think he was expected to do the full session.

Both Irish boys were there as well. We also had 4 Coburg ring-ins training with us. We couldn't recognise the faces but I'll have a look at the photos I took and see if I can find out who the four are.

One other little thing I noticed was players who went to get a drink were expected to get another one for a teammate as well. Likewise if you finished your run first then you gave encouragement to the others still running. All ideas to build up team spirit and doing things for each other.

Could you post the pics here? :)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1990 on: November 04, 2009, 03:48:48 PM »
Will do danog when I upload the pics to the site. Hopefully they turned out okay.

how is Cotchin going?

:)
Still in rehab presumably. We didn't see him today.

Great reports guys, thanks for the info, anyone copping a blast yet or is it too early??
Nah there was a pretty good spirit between the coaches and players. Some laughs towards the end despite a pretty heavy 2.5 hour long session.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #1991 on: November 04, 2009, 04:02:32 PM »
Further what has Terry got to do with today's training session? Answer: nothing, totally irrelevant.

He was our last coach, and it's interesting to compare what they're doing differently.

From all reports Terry hardly even spoke to any of the young players, whereas the new coaches (including the head coach) are joining in some drills. I think it'll do wonders for the team.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1992 on: November 04, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
I forgot to mention that not only has Collingwood prevented us from training at Gosch's paddock but they also stopped us from training at Vic Park this week because they wanted it for their seconds (VFL) side  ::).

Offline RollsRoyce

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1993 on: November 04, 2009, 04:32:20 PM »
Speaking as someone who used to attend training sessions pretty regularly under Terry Wallace's regime, I can say that he wasn't very hands-on as a coach. This is not revisionism either. He would frequently leave his assistants to take the sessions, while he stood outside the boundary line talking to staff members or reporters, and sometimes being absent altogether.
I certainly don't remember ever seeing him join in with the running drills he put his players through either.
This is only the first of Damien Hardwick's sessions that I've attended, so it's a bit early in his tenure to be conclusive yet, but I like what I've seen so far. 

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1994 on: November 04, 2009, 06:07:03 PM »
Looks like some real positives have happened at training. I hope it continues..... ;D

"Rucks: