Football > Richmond Rant

Tom Lynch [merged]

<< < (3/470) > >>

YellowandBlackBlood:

--- Quote from: Andyy on February 04, 2018, 12:07:24 PM ---Not for $1.5 million haha

--- End quote ---
If it means we snag another flag, who cares about the money?

MintOnLamb:
1.5 mill?? Will destroy club integrity. No way Jose

Slipper:
I can't see the AFL letting this happen.

Too much invested in the GC team to let it fall away on key players leaving.

Not sure how they will do it, as I don't think Lynch is that interested in the money, but I reckon he stays.

Tiger Tragic:
He's a RFA. All GC need to do is match any offer and he has to stay. AFL will facilitate that by bending any rule needed including salary cap, not that GC should be that close to the salary cap

mightytiges:

--- Quote from: Slipper on February 05, 2018, 10:50:04 PM ---I can't see the AFL letting this happen.

Too much invested in the GC team to let it fall away on key players leaving.

Not sure how they will do it, as I don't think Lynch is that interested in the money, but I reckon he stays.

--- End quote ---
Yep. The AFL aren't pumping an extra $25m into the Suns to then let their best players walk out.

http://www.afr.com/business/sport/the-afl-propped-up-gold-coast-suns-with-25m-after-sponsorship-woes-20180201-h0s15t

ps. Quite ironic that we ended up winning the flag from where we were ("worse than Fitzroy") before the expansion clubs when we had to rebuild our list during the compromised drafts thanks to these expansion clubs receiving a stack of first round high end talent. We walked away with the cup on our way after flogging one in the Prelim, while the other is in turmoil on and off-field (we also poached Prestia from them).   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version