Football > Richmond Rant

RFC Official - We're on board!

<< < (2/284) > >>

Smokey:

--- Quote from: 632 RFC on January 04, 2011, 10:17:58 PM ---who is our new major sponsor and when will the announcement be made ? And welcome to the forum

--- End quote ---

Yep.  At the least, what timeframe (and not the catch-all "sometime in the New Year") can we expect the announcement.

And to reiterate what some others have posted - this forum really does stand out from most for it's varied, robust and mature discussion.  Thanks for joining.

Infamy:
I really don't get the chicken little reactions to the sponsorship issue, today is the first working day back for the new year, we've just had the xmas break, no company wanting exposure from a sponsorship announcement is going to make it right now when so many people are away on holidays.
It will be announced when it's ready to be announced and expecting RFCO to let the cat out of the bag on this forum is just pure stupidity

Stripes:
Thanks for joining - great to have someone from the club to answer some of the passionate Tigers supporters questions!

A question from me -

What is the best way to get my young fellow a response letter/signed photo etc from a player. Writing via the mail hasn't worked this year and my son became a little dispondent - is it better to write vai email?

Thanks

mightytiges:
Welcome aboard OER RFCO  :)

Stealing 10 Flags' thunder here but what does the Club think of his idea to encourage lapsed members to return to the fold?

http://oneeyed-richmond.com/forum/index.php?topic=12305.0

--- Quote from: 10 FLAGS on December 24, 2010, 03:10:14 PM ---One thing the club should look at IMHO is what to do with members who allow there memberships to lapse but who come back into the fold. For example when you purchase a membership now it says for example that you have been a consecutive member for say 5 years but what happens if you have been a member over your life for say 12 years or 15 years. I understand these things are difficult but I think if the club has the computer records they should offer members who have held members over a number of years but for one reason or another became lapsed over a  year or two to buy out the lapsed period.

This would allow those members to accrue better membership benefits but also provide an opportunity for the club to make some money. I think a one-off fee of say $200 or maybe $50 a year for every lapsed year of membership would be fair.

Members would go onto a better level of membership and the club would make some extra money.

In order to give it more cred maybe revenues made from this could go debt reduction.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: 10 FLAGS on December 24, 2010, 08:02:09 PM ---I just put up some basic ideas, hopefully someone from the club takes all these things into account and then we see some sort of action.

Whether its a 10 year period or say 6 years maximum then thats for the club to decide. If you go with say 6 years maximum then they should just charge the $79 a year 3 game membership for every year required-that would then take the 6 year charge to $474 all up to buyout 6 years and thats not a bad amount at all.

1 year lapse- $79
2 year lapse- $158
3 year lapse- $237
4 year lapse- $316
5 year lapse- $395
6 year lapse- $474

Financially it really works for the club and supporters who need say 3years+ get a real benefit but of course they pay for the priviledge.  :thumbsup

--- End quote ---

Smokey:

--- Quote from: Infamy on January 04, 2011, 11:12:30 PM ---I really don't get the chicken little reactions to the sponsorship issue, today is the first working day back for the new year, we've just had the xmas break, no company wanting exposure from a sponsorship announcement is going to make it right now when so many people are away on holidays.
It will be announced when it's ready to be announced and expecting RFCO to let the cat out of the bag on this forum is just pure stupidity

--- End quote ---

Not asking for "cat out of bag" statements Infamy.  Just looking for a "still in negotiation so a number of weeks away" or a "already committed, waiting for the best time" or a " nearly over the line, expect it in a few weeks", something like that.  You should know me well enough to know that Chicken Little is not my go, but some information good or bad is much easier to swallow and much more appreciated than no information at all.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version