General > General Discussion

Grand Final Day

(1/2) > >>

froars:
Anyone going to the game, or going to Punt Road for the on screen thingee followed by Barnesy I think?

Fishfinger:
Is the GF this week? :o
Didn't know John Barnes could sing. (I already knew Jimmy couldn't. 8)) So Ian Campbell got his rock concert after all.

I might watch my back-to-back videos Saturday froars and look for you in the crowd on the 74 one.

froars:
I think Barnesy's playing.  I remember someone asking me to go down to Punt Road to have a look at the video on the day - and i thought, i don't think so.  But then they said Barnesy was playing - and i thought even better reason to stay away lol.
But Jackstar and I have this mutual friend who has a bit of a fatal attraction for Barnesy who has not missed a concert in Australia this year - i kid you not, will go every weekend interstate to see him - and she's a Richmond supporter.  Believe it or not, she's not going to be here in Melbourne that weekend lol.  ANd i think Joe Camilleri is on as well - but not sure, as i can't find any details.

What's your favourite GF Fish - mine would have to be 73 - had everything!  Luv watching Balmey go berserk lol

Fishfinger:
Yeah, 73. Mostly because it was payback to Nicholls and Carlton. I actually felt sorry for Southby. He was probably the only Carlton player I liked and Balme sent him to bed early.
For sheer brilliance and totally overwhelming the opposition it's hard to go past 80. Was a non-event though because Geelong should have been our opponents. Still puzzled how the Skunks made it that far.

Speaking of the Skunks, one of my sons was at the Show today and spotted Big Ed with wife and ankle-biter. Noticed him because he was about to go on the Mad Mouse   -    in a suit. :) Nothing like going casual so you blend into the crowd.

froars:
I worked in the Tigers booth at the show once, and was working with one of Francis Bourke's girls.
We decided to go on the Ferris Wheel because that was about as much as i could manage - I whinged all the time and did she tell me what a woos i was lol.  Even Francis' girls are as tough as nails.
Ah Eddie, whatever happened to that Broadie boy hey!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version