Football > Richmond Rant

Who will be our best NAB Rising Star chance(s) in 2008?

(1/3) > >>

one-eyed:
We've got a few cubs eligible for the Rising Star Award in 2008.....

Hughes (10 games)
Riewoldt (8)
JON (7)
Connors (4)
Graham (2)
Cotchin, Rance, Gourdis, Casserly (all yet to debut)

Other: Putt, Collins plus the rookies Cartledge* (7), Collard* (1) and Silvester (0)

So who do you think will be our best Rising Star chance(s)?

richmondrules:
Connors and Jack are the two genuine chances I reckon. Of the new guys I also put down Cotchin and Rance. I think Cotchin will play enough games and could be anything. Unsure about Rance, he's my roughie.

Nugget_12:
Connors, Cotchin, Reiwoldt will be our main contenders.

A couple others may pop up and really suprise us, but i think that Connors will be our best chance, followed by Cotchin with Jack the outside chance that a big man might get it!

torch:
Trent Cotchin ...

he will play Round 1 for sure ...

Stripes:
Connors was a stand out in the VFL as the year progressed and I can see him make the easy transition into our team next year. With his natural arrogance and skill he could easily carve up the Rising Star award.

Similarly as the No 2 pick Cotchin will be watched carefully by the category selectors and if he performs well in the first 5 rounds he will have a great chance of snaring the award.

It really does depend on the first quarter of the season. History show that the winner almost always comes out of the players nominated early who have played consistently well for the whole year but had one or more 'breakout' games to grab the initial nomination.

My guess is Connors or Cotchin but my smokey is Casserly.

Stripes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version