Football > Richmond Rant

Tiges vs Brisbane praccy match

<< < (2/7) > >>

Rodgerramjet:
I like this move by Wallace, it's going to give us our best indication yet as to where we actually sit.

mightytiges:
RICHMOND v BRISBANE LIONS, Optus Oval, 2pm

RICHMOND: Darren Gaspar, Brett Deledio, Andrew Raines, Troy Simmonds, Mark Chaffey, Nathan Brown, Tom Roach, Wayne Campbell, Joel Bowden, Matthew Richardson, Trent Knobel, Kayne Pettifer, Ray Hall, Shane Tuck, Mark Coughlan, Andrew Krakouer, Kane Johnson, Richard Tambling, Chris Hyde, Greg Tivendale, Brent Hartigan, Mark Graham, Chris Newman, Andrew Kellaway.

In: Deledio, Cambo, Richo, Knobel, Tambling, Simmonds, Johnson, Newman, Graham, Hyde
Out: Stafford, Meyer, Limbach, Pattison, Thursfield, Archibald, Moore, McGuane, Gilmour, Polo

BRISBANE LIONS: Chris Johnson, Michael Voss, Brad Scott, Luke Power, Jed Adcock, Tim Notting, Ashley McGrath, Jason Akermanis, Martin Pike, Richard Hadley, Mal Michael, Jared Brennan, Anthony Corrie, Daniel Merrett, Chris Scott, Llane Spaanderman, Dylan McLaren, Joel McDonald, Clark Keating, Troy Selwood, Justin Sherman, Robert Copeland, Cameron Wood, Darryl White, Jayden Attard, Michael Rischitelli

--------------

Looks like these guys will be the ones to form our first 22 against the pussies.

Anything wrong with Staff or is he just being rested  ???

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: mightytiges on March 10, 2005, 04:28:56 PM ---RICHMOND: Darren Gaspar, Brett Deledio, Andrew Raines, Troy Simmonds, Mark Chaffey, Nathan Brown, Tom Roach, Wayne Campbell, Joel Bowden, Matthew Richardson, Trent Knobel, Kayne Pettifer, Ray Hall, Shane Tuck, Mark Coughlan, Andrew Krakouer, Kane Johnson, Richard Tambling, Chris Hyde, Greg Tivendale, Brent Hartigan, Mark Graham, Chris Newman, Andrew Kellaway.

--- End quote ---

It seems Hall is being given the first opportunity for Schulz spot in the side - I don't think it necessarily means he's our now first choice CHB (which is good thinking IMO).

I'd still like to see Morrison play tomorrow just to see where he is at

Bulluss:
While the pre-season grand final is to be decided tonight, this afternoon's Richmond versus Brisbane Lions practice match at Optus Oval has assumed a big-game feel of its own.

The Lions might argue they have nothing to prove in the pre-season, despite bringing a list containing 16 grand final players from 2004, but Richmond coach Terry Wallace yesterday made no bones about the importance of a good showing for his young, rebuilt side.

Naming a squad he described as the "best 24" - excluding injuries, and the likes of Greg Stafford and Daniel Jackson, who were regular senior players last season - the Tigers are hoping "to see where we are at" against the competition powerhouse.

So far, the unpredictable pre-season competition, in which Richmond lost to Collingwood in a game it should have won, then thumped an undermanned Essendon and nudged out an equally undermanned Fremantle by two points, has been good for match practice but not a realistic indicator of where the club sits in relation to the best teams in the competition.

"They have 16 premiership players coming down, so as I said to them, if they are prepared to have a bit of a go at the game, they will get a bit of an indication of where they are at," Wallace said after his side had a sharp hitout at Punt Road Oval.

"It is significant, it's a full dress rehearsal. We've got half-a-dozen blokes playing with Coburg who would think they were probably pretty unlucky in that they'd like to think they are still up for selection. This is really our best indicator of whether they can step up against better opposition or not."

Although early in Wallace's tenure, he is pleased that a depth seems to have developed, despite the club turning over half its list in two seasons. "I have got no doubt there is some depth developing. Obviously, we are disappointed to lose two, with (Jay) Schulz and David Rodan, (but) I don't think blokes will get a game this year when they are not worthy of a game," he said.

Another area of improvement for the Tigers' list has been in the size of bodies. One of Wallace's key initiatives has been to ensure recruits develop bigger and more powerfully built frames.

The Lions have added six of their best to the squad for today's game.

Skipper Michael Voss, vice-captains Justin Leppitsch and Luke Power, 200-gamer Chris Scott, triple-premiership ruckman Clark Keating and impressive youngster Anthony Corrie have been included in a group that already boasts an in-form Jason Akermanis, Mal Michael and Daniel Bradshaw.

Big Lions names still recovering from injury are Jonathan Brown (knee), Jamie Charman (knee), Simon Black (shoulder/ankle), Beau McDonald (knee) and Nigel Lappin (knee).

http://www.theage.com.au/realfooty/news/AFL/Tigers-Lions-in-biggame-test/2005/03/11/1110417695138.html

mightytiges:

--- Quote from: TheBull on March 12, 2005, 09:22:14 AM --- (but) I don't think blokes will get a game this year when they are not worthy of a game," he said.

--- End quote ---

:bow

Couldn't say that happened last year. If we picked guys on form we would had about 5 or 6 players run out  :-\.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version