Football > View from the Outer

Brisbane's reign is over

<< < (2/7) > >>

Ox:
Im predicting major tears for me when we win one followed by a 2 week binge

JohnF:
roflmfaoooooooo@going on a 20 year bender wen richmond win the flag to make up for lost time.

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: julzqld on September 25, 2004, 05:21:31 PM --- Humility in winning and defeat goes a long way. 

--- End quote ---

I have always believed it is harder to be gracious or humble in victory than in defeat. We have it drummed into us at a young age that we must be gracious when we lose but not when we win. I know some people fail miserably at both but ....

I only caught glimpse of the GF but I saw the presentation - did Warren Tredrea thank the people who made the trip - the fans?

If people want lesson in how to be gracious and humble in victory and or defeat have a listen to Andre Agassi - that's class.

If you want to hear a footballer do it really well - listen to Voss' speeches of the last 4 years - excellent

julzqld:
Yes I agree WP - a true sportsman is one who shows humility - Pat Rafter was like that also.

And the Grand Final pre-game entertainment -  :sleep  When they had the retired players, you barely got a glimpse of Duncan and didn't see Rogers at all.  Thought the whole pregame was a bit of a bore.  Now if Hugh Jackman had been able to sing the National Anthem it would have been all worthwhile ;)  Kath & Kim and the gay footballing dancers didn't do it for me.  And the guy who sang "the impossible dream" - was that an omen for the Lions?  One area the NRL does pretty well at is the pregame entertainment.  I remember one year, the AFL had some poor indigenous opera singer who was out of key and time and the next week the NRL had Tina Turner singing "Simply the Best".  Of course, the best one was when they had Billy Idol make a grand entrance on a hovercraft type of machine and as soon as he bounced on stage, the power went and by the time they got it going again it was too late for poor Billy to sing :lol :rollin

julzqld:
Yes I agree WP - a true sportsman is one who shows humility - Pat Rafter was like that also.

And the Grand Final pre-game entertainment -  :sleep  When they had the retired players, you barely got a glimpse of Duncan and didn't see Rogers at all.  Thought the whole pregame was a bit of a bore.  Now if Hugh Jackman had been able to sing the National Anthem it would have been all worthwhile ;)  Kath & Kim and the gay footballing dancers didn't do it for me.  And the guy who sang "the impossible dream" - was that an omen for the Lions?  One area the NRL does pretty well at is the pregame entertainment.  I remember one year, the AFL had some poor indigenous opera singer who was out of key and time and the next week the NRL had Tina Turner singing "Simply the Best".  Of course, the best one was when they had Billy Idol make a grand entrance on a hovercraft type of machine and as soon as he bounced on stage, the power went and by the time they got it going again it was too late for poor Billy to sing :lol :rollin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version