Football > Richmond Rant

Richmond players who never played Senior Football.

(1/9) > >>

rbartlett:

Evening all.

I thought it may interest you to know, that I am attempting to compile a list of all those players who played with Richmond Reserves, Under 19's or played in Practice Matches, or trained with the club, or were drafted to the club- BUT NEVER played a senior game for Richmond.

The idea has come to me after the numerous requests I receive (and the Richmond museum), that their 'uncle' , 'grand father' played for Richmond, only to find it wasn't a senior team at Richmond.

So I thought i would put the list out there, and see if anyone wish to add to the list.
Feel free to submit names on this thread if thats ok.
At the moment the list is at 317 names.
Here is the link   http://tinyurl.com/lupkat

Regards Rhett Bartlett.
www.rhettrospective.com

Ekto:
Richard Senior and his brother played in 2nds premierships but never for the 1sts.

From memory Dr Richard Senior left when Francis Bourke was coach.

Jackstar is back:
Rhett.

Paul  Dimattina was on Richmond seniors list and never played a senior game

rbartlett:

Jackster- Funnily enough I did a double take when I started compiling the list. But there was a Frank Dimattina on our list in 1997. I think it was Frankie Dimattina , who is one of Frank's three sons (the others being Paul and Andrew).  I did miss Paul off my list however so I will add him now.

Ekto- I will add Richard Senior as well thank you. Do you know his brothers name.

That brings the list to around 315 names

Rhett Bartlett.

Jackstar is back:

--- Quote from: rbartlett on September 08, 2009, 09:26:43 PM ---
Jackster- Funnily enough I did a double take when I started compiling the list. But there was a Frank Dimattina on our list in 1997. I think it was Frankie Dimattina , who is one of Frank's three sons (the others being Paul and Andrew).  I did miss Paul off my list however so I will add him now.

Ekto- I will add Richard Senior as well thank you. Do you know his brothers name.

That brings the list to around 315 names

Rhett Bartlett.

--- End quote ---

Sorry Rhett, I wrongly read it
Frankie Jnr played at Richmond reserves actually.
He played against Stephen Milne when he played at Essendon in a Monday night reserves game at Waverley.
Frankie got 4 weeks for striking Milne. lol
Frankie was a really good player, size was the issue.
I remember his kicking for goals in  pre season game at Sandringham. Would say mid 90,s as Scott Turner was playing

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version