Football > Richmond Rant

Richmond players who never played Senior Football.

<< < (4/9) > >>

Smokey:

--- Quote from: Jackstar is back on September 10, 2009, 09:18:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: mightytiges on September 10, 2009, 07:43:49 PM ---Our draft pick history of total misses since 1986  :P

Matthew Clarke (West Gambier)

--- End quote ---

Out of the above list, I will nominate who could actually play, but for reasons didnt play at RFC.

Andrew Tarpey  ( was never the same due to a head injury, was a gun player)
Paul Dimattina   ( 150 game at the Western Bulldogs - enough said- they actually picked Mark Pitura over him :banghead :banghead)
David O'Sullivan  -Went on to kick over 100 goals for 8 years straight in Country and Suburban Footy, needed someone at Punt Rd to get him fit

--- End quote ---

If this is the Matthew Clarke that went on to have a 15 year, 258 game career with Brisbane, Adelaide and St Kilda then he could go a bit too.  I know he was with our U19's before he went to Brisbane so I'm guessing it was the same Matthew Clarke.

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: smokey_58au on September 11, 2009, 06:26:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: Jackstar is back on September 10, 2009, 09:18:33 PM ---
--- Quote from: mightytiges on September 10, 2009, 07:43:49 PM ---Our draft pick history of total misses since 1986  :P

Matthew Clarke (West Gambier)

--- End quote ---

Out of the above list, I will nominate who could actually play, but for reasons didnt play at RFC.

Andrew Tarpey  ( was never the same due to a head injury, was a gun player)
Paul Dimattina   ( 150 game at the Western Bulldogs - enough said- they actually picked Mark Pitura over him :banghead :banghead)
David O'Sullivan  -Went on to kick over 100 goals for 8 years straight in Country and Suburban Footy, needed someone at Punt Rd to get him fit

--- End quote ---

If this is the Matthew Clarke that went on to have a 15 year, 258 game career with Brisbane, Adelaide and St Kilda then he could go a bit too.  I know he was with our U19's before he went to Brisbane so I'm guessing it was the same Matthew Clarke.

--- End quote ---

Yep that's him :'( :'(

rbartlett:

MightyTiges- thanks for the effort of going to the list
I will add those tomorrow, along with several others I have received on PM.

- Matthew Clarke came to Richmond the same time as Nick Daffy and boarded at the Bartlett houses themselves whilst in the Under 19's!

- Rhett Bartlett.
www.rhettrospective.com

Jackstar is back:

--- Quote from: rbartlett on September 11, 2009, 08:26:43 PM ---
MightyTiges- thanks for the effort of going to the list
I will add those tomorrow, along with several others I have received on PM.

- Matthew Clarke came to Richmond the same time as Nick Daffy and boarded at the Bartlett houses themselves whilst in the Under 19's!

- Rhett Bartlett.
www.rhettrospective.com

--- End quote ---

Hopefully Denise made some of those special Bartlett Dinners

mightytiges:
Richmond U19's 1985 Premiership side

Too long ago (and I was a young kid at the time) to remember names so if anyone recognises any faces then post away.

Top row 6th from left is Simon Clarke who went on to play with Springvale.

Front row 5th from left is Ricky Jackson who played for Melbourne.

Jeff Hogg is 3rd from the right in the top row and Justin Pickering is sitting to our left of the coach Doug Searl (who should have coached the senior side a la Pagan at North but that's another RFC stuff-up story ::) )

Bill Higgins in the suit in the front row would be familiar as the RFC 'doorman' to those who went into the old traditional Northern stand changerooms after games in the late 90s.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version