Author Topic: Dropping the ball  (Read 3976 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Dropping the ball
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 04:16:43 AM »
Does the dropping the ball rule even exist anymore?!

There were at least about 8-10 blatant ones last night yet the umps just kept flapping their arms. The one especially where we still got a goal out of it to Nahas late in the 3rd qtr - the Brisbane player gathers the ball and has time to get rid of it yet then gets tackled with an arm pinned and drops the balls with the other hand and still it's play on!  ??? I didn't notice a free given or advantage paid  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 07:53:22 AM »
Does the dropping the ball rule even exist anymore?!

There were at least about 8-10 blatant ones last night yet the umps just kept flapping their arms. The one especially where we still got a goal out of it to Nahas late in the 3rd qtr - the Brisbane player gathers the ball and has time to get rid of it yet then gets tackled with an arm pinned and drops the balls with the other hand and still it's play on!  ??? I didn't notice a free given or advantage paid  ???.

And we were on the wrong side of the ledger with them MT..........................again.

The one that made me boil was late in the game when Conca was pinged for holding the ball even though he jumped in the air to grab the ball and was tackled and pinned as his feet came back down - what the hell is no prior opportunity if that wasn't?  And then a few minutes later Black tries to run around a player, gets caught, does a 'Judd 360', ball spills out and play on?  WTF?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 08:16:26 AM »
that incident you are talking with conca smokey, i find much more infuriating than letting them go.

IMO the person with the ball is often too harshly treated and at times the way the game is umpired you are just about better to not be first to the ball - something that goes completely against the grain.

I much prefer to the bloke with his hands on the pill given too much leniency than be overly crucified.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Oiafi

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Against logic there is no armour like ignorance.
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 08:35:38 AM »
I much prefer to the bloke with his hands on the pill given too much leniency than be overly crucified.

Agree al. Let them go but be consistent.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 08:55:15 AM »
dropping the ball or incorrect does exist unless the tackler is wearing a tiger jumper, then its just play on or holding the man

umpires are spineless gutless maggot dogs

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 09:01:44 AM »
That Conca one just about had me pop a foofa valve.

ONCE AGAIN and because we won I can say "The umpys continually crucify Richmond"

And to quantify! I sincerly beleive it is a subconcious mentality they all seem to have from Geisch down. Because we have been down for so long we need to cheat or crib and just get pinged for things that that other "most" sides dont and visa versa.

Hopefully when we become a top 8 team consistently this mentality will recede into the wee depths of the retards grey matter

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 09:06:54 AM »
obviously no one told the ump that paid deliberate against merrett about this conspiracy by the umpires against Richmond  ::)

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 09:14:45 AM »
obviously no one told the ump that paid deliberate against merrett about this conspiracy by the umpires against Richmond  ::)

What a stupid retort, they make mistakes both ways we know that!

TigerTimeII

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 09:19:51 AM »
that umpire had no choice what so ever to pay that free kick also because during the week it was highlighted many times how merrett does that so often and gets away with it

ur statement is bs and its a fact that the umpires discriminate against us , they have done so for such a long time...FACT

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 09:20:19 AM »
a stupid retort?
ONCE AGAIN and because we won I can say "The umpys continually crucify Richmond"

And to quantify! I sincerly beleive it is a subconcious mentality they all seem to have from Geisch down.
and,
dropping the ball or incorrect does exist unless the tackler is wearing a tiger jumper, then its just play on or holding the man

but then..

they make mistakes both ways we know that!

hmmm.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 09:22:39 AM »
a stupid retort?

And to quantify! I sincerly beleive it is a subconcious mentality they all seem to have from Geisch down.
and,

but then..

hmmm.

u r combining parts of CUB posts and mine to construct some kind of hypocritical point
i never said the umpires make mistakes both ways so dont combine my posts and CUB AS ONE TOOL

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 09:24:17 AM »
that umpire had no choice what so ever to pay that free kick also because during the week it was highlighted many times how merrett does that so often and gets away with it

ur statement is bs and its a fact that the umpires discriminate against us , they have done so for such a long time...FACT

Oh, i forgot about little things called facts  :banghead
 :lol

we won a game were we got more free kicks and still the constant, inane whine about how the umpires have some sort of agreement to crucify richmond drowns out the rational discussions.

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 09:24:37 AM »
And it was delebirate.

Cut and paste whatever you like, I have just said and believe the umpys give us a harder time as they have a preconceived notion that we aren't good enough!

The umps were bad and in Brisbanes favour last night!

We won Im happy

TigerTimeII

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 09:29:21 AM »

Oh, i forgot about little things called facts  :banghead
 :lol

we won a game were we got more free kicks and still the constant, inane whine about how the umpires have some sort of agreement to crucify richmond drowns out the rational discussions.

watch the games, week in week out whether we win lose or draw there are always 2 sets of rules, one for us  and one who we play against
open ur eyes

Offline Penelope

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 09:31:01 AM »
a stupid retort?

and,

but then..

hmmm.

u r combining parts of CUB posts and mine to construct some kind of hypocritical point
i never said the umpires make mistakes both ways so dont combine my posts and CUB AS ONE TOOL

thats because my original was directed at all the conspiracy theorists. i put it all together in reply to CUB's post;

didnt think it would be that difficult to follow.

obviously cub was wrong when he said "we".