Football > Richmond Rant

Players on the Ball

(1/1)

bluey_21:
I reckon, Knobel should start the ruck with Johnson (as captain) and Bowden (as VC). Every quarter a ruckmen should be rotated and with the others, they should rotated when they get tired.

mightytiges:
I would start with Simmonds, Johnson, Cogs and Brown in the centre with a forward six roughly of:

HF. Deledio   Richo      Rodan
F.  Krakouer  Stafford  Cambo

If a opposition midfielder needs shutting down then chuck Chaffey or Hyde onto him.

Not sure if all 3 ruckmen Simmonds, Stafford and Knobel would fit into the one team. Knobel is simply a tap ruckman so wouldn't be able to push forward. He'd be coming off the bench when Simmonds went forward.

The biggest improvement I'm looking forward to see  is how we set up at centre bounces. Under Frawley we kept getting smashed every week allowing the opposition to clear from the centre square even though we got our hands first to ball  :banghead. This IMHO is more important than which personel actually starts there. Obviously Johnson, Cogs, Brown, Cambo, Bowden, Krakouer, Newman plus all the new kids are talented AFL footballers. They're not total hacks (except Otto  ;D ). Yet we were made to look like we couldn't win a centre bounce clearance against the Yackandandah U12's the last few years  :scream  :help  :banghead.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version