Football > Memorable Moments

How about this for a memorable moment??? :)

(1/4) > >>

Jordie McScullgove:
It was Round 18 of the 2009 AFL season... when one Jordan McMahon kicked the winning goal (even though he did mark it AFTER the siren rang) to give... MELBOURNE PICKS 1 AND 2 IN THE DRAFT!!! Melbourne's only likely win from their last 5 games was against Richmond; and even though the mighty Dees tried their EXTREME best to lose (Jurrah down back, Frawley up forward, Grimes up forward)... they almost bloody won the darn thing!!! Such is the poor excuse of a team that is the Richmond Football Club.
It was a memorable moment indeed as the Dees notched up Scully AND Trengove (!!!) in the draft who will be a magnificent force alongside Jones, Gysberts and Viney Jnr in years to come.
On Behalf of the Dees... thankyou Richmond for being the team that you are. It's all about the future - and in 2009 Round 18, you ruined yours but enlightened the Dees'.

Fishfinger:
Melbourne could have won and still got picks 1&2.
Ruined Richmond's future? How so?  ???
We had already won too many games for a priority pick and winning made no difference to ladder position.

I suppose it would have to be about the future for you. 2 absolute schellackings in grand-finals since 1964 to hang your hat on. I've seen 5 Richmond premierships in that time.

Jordie McScullgove:

--- Quote from: Fishfinger on October 16, 2010, 11:32:02 PM ---Melbourne could have won and still got picks 1&2.
Ruined Richmond's future? How so?  ???
We had already won too many games for a priority pick and winning made no difference to ladder position.

I suppose it would have to be about the future for you. 2 absolute schellackings in grand-finals since 1964 to hang your hat on. I've seen 5 Richmond premierships in that time.

--- End quote ---
Ahhh dearie me.... had the Dees beat Richmond we'd be 4 wins at Round 18. We then beat Freo in Round 20 and that'd be 5 wins!! And that would mean no picks 1 & 2 in the draft. As it was, the thankful goal by McMahon ensured Melbourne stuck to 4 wins at the end of the 2009 season. GOT IT???
So once again... thankyou Richmond.

The mighty Dees' future is tenfold better than Richmond's. You lose Riewoldt and you lose the plot. Simple.
Watts, Scully, Trengove, Grimes, Gysberts, Jurrah, Frawley, Garland, Jones, Petterd.... and Viney Jr. That is called a future right there. And just wait until Luke Tapscott (pick 18 in the 2009 draft and likened to Chapman) and Max Gawn (2nd tallest AFL player) come onto the scene!!!

Anyways that's straying off-topic (I got too excited!!). I just wanted to post a quite fond and memorable moment at Tigerland of a game that meant so much in bolstering Melbourne's midfield ranks.
Many of us at Demonland are still to shout Jordan a beveragebut we never see him at the games......... ahhhhh wait he's been dee-listed.

P.S. Good luck with Brad Miller.

Fishfinger:

--- Quote from: Jordie McScullgove on October 16, 2010, 11:53:12 PM ---
Ahhh dearie me.... had the Dees beat Richmond we'd be 4 wins at Round 18. We then beat Freo in Round 20 and that'd be 5 wins!!
--- End quote ---
You didn't beat Freo so what's your point? Even though you could have and still got picks 1&2. Must have been much celebrating after that loss as well.

--- Quote from: Jordie McScullgove on October 16, 2010, 11:53:12 PM ---Anyways that's straying off-topic (I got too excited!!). I just wanted to post a quite fond and memorable moment at Tigerland of a game that meant so much in bolstering Melbourne's midfield ranks.

--- End quote ---
Good for you.
You'll always be easily pleased if getting beaten by the 2nd last team to ensure you come last excites you.

I'll take the 5 premierships as my memorable moments. Thanks for the laugh.

Jordie McScullgove:
I really want to leave it as this but I can't... ARE YOU IGNORANT???
Round 20 2009 (MCG):
Melbourne – 20.7 (127)
Fremantle – 9.10 (64)
GOT US OUR 4TH BLOODY WIN!!!! Now... imagine, if you will, if we had've BEATEN the Tigers! We'd be 5 wins atthe end of the year. So... thankyou Jordan friggin' McMahon!! Scully and friggin' Trengove.
You lot really are as thick as they come!!!

One last thing... if you reallllly want to talk premierships:
MELBOURNE: 12
richmond: 10
And our lead will be increased cos there's no way in hell you're getting a flag before us!! Sorry to break it to you... :) Actually no I'm not.

I'll take the overall Premierships lead anyday.

G'nite.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version