Football > View from the Outer

Encyclopaedia of League Footballers

(1/2) > >>

froars:
I was just talking to someone on this board on Messenger, and they mentioned a book that has just come out that listed every player that has played for the Tiges.

Sure enough, i didnt' know at the time, but after going to my newsagents this morning, right smack in the middle of the counter was the new book by Russell Holmesby and Jim Main, who are the authors of the Encyclopaedia of League Footballers - which was a complete list of every player who played the game from every club.

They've now brought out individual club books and sell for $10.

I guess trivia competitions are going to be hard to do now with everyone having the facts in front of them lol

mightytiges:

--- Quote from: froars on May 22, 2004, 09:22:31 AM ---I was just talking to someone on this board on Messenger, and they mentioned a book that has just come out that listed every player that has played for the Tiges.

They've now brought out individual club books and sell for $10.

--- End quote ---

Was that the book Eddie mentioned on TFS froars?

I was emailed by someone here a couple of weeks ago about being able to get a all-time list of RFC players. It would be great if we had something like that on the site as a tribute.

Froars, does the book just include VFL/AFL players or does it include VFA players as well?

If any volunteers (hint! hint!  ;) ) who have the book would like to send us a text or scanned copy of the names to put up on the site just email or PM me or WP and let us know?

Cheers, MT.

froars:
I didn't buy the book MT - cos i have the full book with all players at work. 

I'll wait till it's on the discount shelves for the Richmond copy - $10 is a bit rich i think.

WilliamPowell:
I actually bought a copy of the Tiger version of this book last weekend.

It certainly lists every player to have played for the Tigers but not in the order they appeared (eg Richo is player number 900 and whatever). It is alphabetical. Some interesting information though.

julzqld:
I too have just received a copy of the Richmond one.  I also ordered the Melbourne, Essendon and St. Kilda ones for family and friends.  Funny enough, the St. Kilda one was larger than any of the others but as my 8 year old daughter pointed out "they probably have had more players".  I noticed the Richmond one didn't include Mark Jackson, although I don't think he ever played in the senior side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version