Football > Richmond Rant

One game wonders

<< < (8/8)

Bulluss:
When Terry Keays was playing i was only a early teenager, but i do remember us playing against Fitzroy at Princess Park and him tearing them apart in the last qtr to help us to a win.

I think he ended up kicking about 5 goals, but i remember some of the BIG pack marks that he took that day. He could play when he wanted to.

Life goes on:
Keays could play cricket as well . St Marys Uniting Cricket club ?

Harry:
Jamie Elliot - what a waste.

So much hype about him and he eventually showed nothing.  Was probably the skinniest and weakest player ever to don on the boots - weaker and thinner than Fiora.

Struggletown:

--- Quote from: Life goes on on January 17, 2005, 01:29:30 PM ---Keays could play cricket as well . St Marys Uniting Cricket club ?

--- End quote ---

Bundoora as far as I last knew.

mightytiges:
SEN had Nick Jewell on their one game wonder segment. Now playing for St Kilda in district cricket.

Round 19, 1997 - 4 kicks, 1 HB, 1 mark against Freo at the WACA. Lost by 7 goals. One of Giesch's caretaker coach games.

Started on the bench after being told he was playing ahead of Holland 45 mins before the game. Giesch thought he was more mobile (mates think his the slowest bloke in the cricket side). Came on for Richo up forward (Richo gave the bench a huge spray lol). First contest Jewell tried to take a mark from behind and got wacked in the chin from a flying elbow and was concussed for 3-4 mins. Giesch sent the runner out to say good contest lol. Anyway was played on and off the bench and then dropped. Our reserves had the bye the following week so he didn't play footy for a few weeks. At the end of year TJ said keep the cricket up son lol. Smart dad as Nick was delisted. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version