General > General Discussion

Australian Politics thread [merged]

<< < (3/1332) > >>

WilliamPowell:
Just listening to the wireless and people are saying the shouldn't be "forced" to give and why should they pay the levy if they've already given.

Maybe that's part of the issue? What about people who can afford to donate the flood fund but haven't simply because they are tight bums?  If this is going to make tham do then bloody well good

I know someone who earns lots and hasn't donated because they reckon it aint there problem.  >:( This levy or tax will catch them and force them to help out = good  ;D

Francois Jackson:

--- Quote from: WilliamPowell on January 28, 2011, 06:54:54 AM ---Just listening to the wireless and people are saying the shouldn't be "forced" to give and why should they pay the levy if they've already given.

Maybe that's part of the issue? What about people who can afford to donate the flood fund but haven't simply because they are tight bums?  If this is going to make tham do then bloody well good

I know someone who earns lots and hasn't donated because they reckon it aint there problem.  >:( This levy or tax will catch them and force them to help out = good  ;D

--- End quote ---

What about those people that were going to donate but now wont because of this? There are lots of them

Regarding that person you know i find that actually quite sad to be honest and im glad people like have to fork out. Karma will come back and bite him one day

If i knew 100% this tax wouldnt continue beyond 12 months it wouldnt bother me as much but do we really know.

I cant trust any of them anymore. Libs are just as likely to raise GST when they take over in 3 years.

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: daniel161 on January 28, 2011, 01:13:34 PM ---What about those people that were going to donate but now wont because of this? There are lots of them

--- End quote ---

Understand your point daniel but to me at least those who are now not going to dontate because of the levy are on par with the person I know (btw no friend of mine just know them ;D) who can afford to donate but wont

--- Quote ---Regarding that person you know i find that actually quite sad to be honest and im glad people like have to fork out. Karma will come back and bite him one day

--- End quote ---

Spot on  :thumbsup

--- Quote ---If i knew 100% this tax wouldnt continue beyond 12 months it wouldnt bother me as much but do we really know.

I cant trust any of them anymore. Libs are just as likely to raise GST when they take over in 3 years.

--- End quote ---

Yep in the end we can't but in this case we have no choice and they stuff this they are out the door

Dubstep Dookie:
One household on 1x 100k wage = you pay the tax ($250 odd)

One household on 2x 50k wage = you don't pay the tax.

Hmmm......

FNM:

--- Quote from: Dubstep Dookie on January 28, 2011, 06:51:48 PM ---One household on 1x 100k wage = you pay the tax ($250 odd)

One household on 2x 50k wage = you don't pay the tax.

Hmmm......

--- End quote ---
Get over it
Cut out one cigarette a day is all you need to do, or one latte less a week
I cannot believe all the effing crying going on about this
FFS
PS: There are two cyclones headed for Queensland. It's not over!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version