Football > View from the Outer

AFL announces party drug law

(1/1)

cub:
Any of you out there think this is going to far.

I am not saying incidents like certain Carlton players are acceptable, but say after playing on a saturday a player has a bit of a dabble with recreational drugs - when they have no training early the next day is it really the AFL's business. Or during the off season for that matter.

Yes I know certain things are " illegal " but for arguments sake doesn't excessive alcohol have a more detrimental eefect the next day ?

Only heresay but depending on the tests for THC there may be a few players that may need to kick a habbit  :gobdrop

froars:
Not being a user i wouldn't know the effects it has - i can't see the problem in off season.
If it has effects, may be it should be in-club testing and the results kept there.  None of the AFL's business IMO - let the clubs deal with them as they see fit.

JohnF:
Spot on Moi. The AFL should be concerned with those that use drugs to get an advantage over their competition, not those who take drugs which put them at a disadvantage over their compatition. The latter is an issue for clubs and if it becomes a problem then the ball's in their court with how they should deal wiith it.

If the AFL want to concern themselves with players using recreational drugs they might as well concern themselves with players who eat junkfood (which can have worse effects than the odd ecky, lol).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version