Football > Richmond Rant

Who Would Tommy Save in 2005?

(1/1)

froars:
While swimming in the surf on my recent hols to Venus Bay, I was looking at all the waves and rips and stuff and immediately thought of Tommy Hafey.

The Tiges had a trip to Sydney in the ‘70s and the players were surfing at one of the beaches, and two players – Royce Hart and Tony Jewell – got into trouble in one of the rips which took them way out to sea.

They waved frantically to those on the shore, and Tommy saw them and dived into the water like Tarzan lol and swam out to save them.  Jewelly was waving frantically at him, and Royce was further out.  Tommy ignored Jewel and swam straight past him out to Royce.

Anyway, they survived and when back on shore, Tony said to Tommy something like “gee, thanks for saving me, mate” (not), to which Tommy replied “we’ve got plenty of backmen, but only one Royce Hart”.

Just wondering who would he save in 2005.  Would he still rate Richo, or maybe someone like Cogs or some of the new kids in Tambo or Deledio. 

Wouldn’t hold much hope for Knobel lol

JohnF:
I think he'd prefer not to get wet, lol

mightytiges:
LOL John  ;D

--- Quote from: Moi on February 14, 2005, 11:28:21 PM ---Just wondering who would he save in 2005.  Would he still rate Richo, or maybe someone like Cogs or some of the new kids in Tambo or Deledio. 

--- End quote ---

Tommy bleeds yellow and black so I'd reckon he'd save them all even the dud ones lol.

Something tells me Richo would be first saved because the big fella is such a passionate albeit enigmatic Tiger who wears his heart on his sleeve.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version