Author Topic: Tigers vs Demons game thread  (Read 14005 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers vs Demons game thread
« on: June 20, 2011, 02:39:09 AM »
This Saturday's game is your classic 8-pointer with both sides on 22 points and out of the top 8 on %. Melbourne is building this up as "the biggest game of the year".

The betfair bookies have us slight favourites: Richmond $1.77 to Melbourne $1.91

Melbourne Demons turn up heat for Richmond Tigers

Courtney Walsh
    June 20, 2011

THE MCG will be rattling on Saturday in what, for some, will be a trip down memory lane.

A match of importance on a Saturday afternoon at the home of football - how quaint.

Melbourne versus Richmond with, for the first time in a while, much at stake. Traditional inner-city rivals, once so powerful, both showing signs of a resurgence.

Richmond, so gritty in overcoming Brisbane on its third interstate trip in succession. Melbourne, ruthless in thrashing Fremantle 22.17 (149) to 8.12 (60), though admittedly the Dockers are vastly undermanned.

Barring Essendon upsetting Hawthorn on Friday night, the victor will be in the eight. It is a long time since that has been the case for either this far into a season.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sport/melbourne-demons-turn-up-heat-for-richmond-tigers/story-e6frg7mf-1226078125077

"We have got a big game next week, probably the biggest game of the year, against Richmond, so we want to get everything right and get ourselves up for next week," Scully said.

"Richmond are in great form.

"It's a real challenge for us; we love playing Richmond, and we are really amped to get up for next week."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/melbournes-tom-scully-plays-it-cool-on-where-his-future-lies/story-e6frf9jf-1226078103193

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Tigers vs Demons game thread
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 02:59:09 PM »

tony_montana

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 04:57:24 PM »
Please just flog these guys - Dont know what it is but i have a real dislike for this team that likes to play bruise free footy.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 05:28:40 PM »
Simply must beat the tanking team of the century, we owe them, they have the wood on us and they manipulated the draft to get the players they have. I hope Martin rips Scully another arse hole too.
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tiger101

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 05:29:23 PM »
Always enjoy the games against Melb. Its a good game to see how we're developing along against another team thats also trying to build into a finals team.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 06:10:05 PM »
I think we are a big show in this game however if I was a bookie I would have the odds reversed.Melbourne slight favourites.
Unleash the tornado

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 06:33:58 PM »
I think we are a big show in this game however if I was a bookie I would have the odds reversed.Melbourne slight favourites.

+1

This is one game where our first quater will decide the match imo

The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 09:46:19 PM »
Simply must beat the tanking team of the century, we owe them, they have the wood on us and they manipulated the draft to get the players they have. I hope Martin rips Scully another behind hole too.

be careful what you wish for

Every win edges us closer to a 9th place finish  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline MADTIGER2010

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 10:02:25 PM »
Looks like White will come in for King. Hopefully Gourdis a game and Miller is the one who makes way

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 10:02:31 PM »
Please just flog these guys - Dont know what it is but i have a real dislike for this team that likes to play bruise free footy.

I agree tony_ montana. These guys remind me of teachers pets I used to remember at school. Would dob you in at the drop of a hat smiling while doing so but they had skeletons in the closet of their own and you took more than great pleasure in dishing it out to them in return. To me Melbourne Footy Club is the type of kid you always wanted to beat up because they did nothing until they played you and then they were nice and fired up. Just like their supporters they belong to a bygone era. Beat these ski chalet freaks.

Jack Watts is that kid. Dopey smile, geeky looking and just waiting to get his fragile body bruised just like his skipper Brad clench my jumper when we are 90 points up. I would love Lukey to do what he did to Farren Ray to the former and make sure that little crapola doesn't get up for a few minutes.

gerkin greg

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2011, 10:53:31 PM »
yeah if mcguane isn't going to get dropped i could handle him copping a suspension for denting a few toboggans

:pray please only be playing him to raise his GWS compo

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 03:36:08 AM »

+1

This is one game where our first quater will decide the match imo

+2

A chance to stand up as a team in a 8-point game whereas in the past we haven't given a yelp in these sorts of season do-or-die matches.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Lozza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 01:03:02 PM »
This is one game where we have to win contested possession especially out the middle. Considering the midfield we have we should be doing better in this area but i feel against Melbourne especially if we win contested ball we win the game. The Dees midfield will basically try to out muscle us, we have to find a way to counter this.

Offline smasha

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 02:46:05 PM »

I agree tony_ montana. These guys remind me of teachers pets I used to remember at school. Would dob you in at the drop of a hat smiling while doing so but they had skeletons in the closet of their own and you took more than great pleasure in dishing it out to them in return. To me Melbourne Footy Club is the type of kid you always wanted to beat up because they did nothing until they played you and then they were nice and fired up. Just like their supporters they belong to a bygone era. Beat these ski chalet freaks.
Jack Watts is that kid. Dopey smile, geeky looking and just waiting to get his fragile body bruised just like his skipper Brad clench my jumper when we are 90 points up. I would love Lukey to do what he did to Farren Ray to the former and make sure that little crapola doesn't get up for a few minutes.

:rollin  :rollin  :lol  :rollin :rollin