Author Topic: Tigers vs Demons game thread  (Read 13995 times)

Offline JVT

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Tigers vs Demons game thread
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »
Please just flog these guys - Dont know what it is but i have a real dislike for this team that likes to play bruise free footy.

I agree tony_ montana. These guys remind me of teachers pets I used to remember at school. Would dob you in at the drop of a hat smiling while doing so but they had skeletons in the closet of their own and you took more than great pleasure in dishing it out to them in return. To me Melbourne Footy Club is the type of kid you always wanted to beat up because they did nothing until they played you and then they were nice and fired up. Just like their supporters they belong to a bygone era. Beat these ski chalet freaks.

Jack Watts is that kid. Dopey smile, geeky looking and just waiting to get his fragile body bruised just like his skipper Brad clench my jumper when we are 90 points up. I would love Lukey to do what he did to Farren Ray to the former and make sure that little crapola doesn't get up for a few minutes.
:cheers

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
The AFL site tipping us to win by 11  :pray

-------------------------------------------------

SUMMARY

Such has been the poor form of Essendon and Fremantle - the teams sitting seventh and eighth on the ladder - in recent weeks, Richmond and Melbourne are just a few percentage points outside the top eight, despite each having won only five of their 12 games in 2011. And with the Bombers expected to be beaten by the highly-rated Hawks this weekend, the clash between the Tigers and Demons shapes as a battle to see which of them is a genuine finals contender.

Richmond is delighted to be finally preparing for a game in Melbourne. The Tigers were beaten by Port Adelaide in Darwin in round 10 (it was their 'home' game, which they played in the Northern Territory), then had the bye in round 11. They subsequently lost to the Swans at the SCG in round 12 (and had to travel home by bus due to the volcanic ash), before they returned to the winners' list with a gutsy win over the Brisbane Lions at the Gabba last Saturday night (they were able to fly home after that one).

What to make of Melbourne? The Demons' form-line has been up and down like a yo-yo. In the past month, they've been flogged by Carlton, had an impressive win over Essendon, gone down to Collingwood by 88 points and beaten Fremantle by 15 goals. It is any wonder Dean Bailey seems to do a lot of head-shaking in the coach's box?

QUESTION MARKS
Is Dustin Martin proving to be the best player chosen in the 2009 NAB AFL Draft? A tough and skilful midfielder, Martin was taken behind Melbourne duo Tom Scully and Jack Trengove. But he has been among Richmond's best players almost every week since debuting in round one last year. He was again in dazzling touch against the Lions last Saturday night, booting five goals including one that featured his trademark fend-off.

Is Jack Watts now the real deal? The No.1 pick in the 2008 NAB AFL Draft, Watts struggled to impose himself on matches in his first two seasons. This year, he's produced a number of impressive performances, including a three-goal, 25-possession haul in Melbourne's huge win over Fremantle in round 13.

PREDICTION

Richmond by 11 points.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/116746/default.aspx

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2011, 06:46:17 PM »

I'm concerned about our forward line being a little slow with King and White out.
Anyone else share this concern?
I think we need to bring in some pace. Is Helbig quick?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 10:06:27 PM by Willy »

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 07:17:14 PM »
QUESTION MARKS
Is Dustin Martin proving to be the best player chosen in the 2009 NAB AFL Draft?

Question mark ?   :lol   No contest !
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2011, 08:59:06 PM »
Please just flog these guys - Dont know what it is but i have a real dislike for this team that likes to play bruise free footy.

I agree tony_ montana. These guys remind me of teachers pets I used to remember at school. Would dob you in at the drop of a hat smiling while doing so but they had skeletons in the closet of their own and you took more than great pleasure in dishing it out to them in return. To me Melbourne Footy Club is the type of kid you always wanted to beat up because they did nothing until they played you and then they were nice and fired up. Just like their supporters they belong to a bygone era. Beat these ski chalet freaks.

Jack Watts is that kid. Dopey smile, geeky looking and just waiting to get his fragile body bruised just like his skipper Brad clench my jumper when we are 90 points up. I would love Lukey to do what he did to Farren Ray to the former and make sure that little crapola doesn't get up for a few minutes.
:clapping

gerkin greg

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2011, 09:52:14 PM »
I'm concerned about our forward line being a little slow with King and White out.

Helbig is pretty quick Wilbur. Played his best VFL game of the season last week.

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2011, 10:18:42 PM »

Helbig is pretty quick Wilbur. Played his best VFL game of the season last week.

He might be the go then Gerks. King and to a lesser extent White, apply a great deal of pressure on opposition defenders. I think we'l need to cover their absence.
Maybe Hislop can play a defensive forward role. He's not overly quick, but seems to be a competent tackler.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 12:44:08 AM »

tony, just letting you know that you have been quoted on the site "demonland"
Unleash the tornado

Ox

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 02:16:41 AM »

:clapping

Here fycking here!

Smash the stuff out of the little upstarts.

What a joke-They hold the name of our entire city and they're little faggitos.
Bad for bizness if we ge trounced by the private schooled pedos in waiting.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 07:34:24 AM »
Most of my old mans side of the family follow Melbourne.

Which i have always thought to be strange, as they are mostly working class Sh1 t for brains.

But I guess they fit into the demographic of being total meat wands. They'd always be carrying on after win about how Lyon and Tingay were the best players ever to play the game. And they truly believed it.

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 09:21:57 AM »
ROFL @ TINGAY
Lots of people name their swords......

10 FLAGS

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 09:02:03 PM »
Melbourne are like North Melbourne - IRRELEVANT! Neither club stand for anything North are Gypsies of the AFL and Melbourne doesnt stand for anything, what is Melbourne, Melbourne is the name of a city- Big deal. Melbourne is made up of suburbs like Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Richmond - therefore rendering "Melbourne" in a football context IRRELEVANT! The suburbs have their representation thats why Melbourne is not needed. If they had any brains theyd change there club name to represent Berwick and Cranbourne areas and get a future but they are too thick to do that. There supporters are pee poor bunch of range rover driving, snow skiing yuppies. They have no place in the AFL - Im not surprised that Scully wants to leave them. Scully will leave and then Trengove will leave and itll be all she wrote for the snow skiing yuppies from nowhere.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 10:30:18 PM »
Teams like north and melbourne simply 'exist'.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 10:31:24 PM »
Sportal is another media outlet tipping us ...

WE THINK:
The prize for the winner of this match will be a place in the top eight should the Hawks defeat the Bombers on Friday night. At the very least, the winner will remain thereabouts while the loser must revert to playing catch-up.

The Demons have won three of their past four against Richmond including both of last year's contests decisively. Melbourne's form has fluctuated wildly this season compared to Richmond's. It took the Tigers five rounds to bring up their first win but they've been fairly consistent since. On paper at least, the Tigers match up well, especially in the midfield.

This will be the first Saturday afternoon match to be played at the MCG since Round 4 and the first for these teams at their home ground this season. Expect the Tigers to be celebrating around about five o'clock on Saturday. It's Richmond by 8 points.

Full article at: http://www.sportal.com.au/afl-news-display/preview-richmond-v-melbourne-127313

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 08:36:31 AM »
Three articles on tiges in herald sun this morning, The press has already started.
Im sure there will be plenty on us in the lead up to the game to form a distraction.

I would love for us to win this game more than any other  :gotigers
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S