Author Topic: Official Team for Round 15  (Read 7065 times)

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
Re: Official Team for Round 15
« Reply #90 on: July 01, 2011, 08:04:57 PM »
Yeah I suppose, I mean I shouldn't be hypercritical, after all I keep one of my eyes on Collingwood.
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: July 01, 2011, 08:10:58 PM »
brown?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline The Big Richo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Keyboard Hero
« Reply #92 on: July 01, 2011, 08:12:48 PM »
Who isn't a fan of the thinking man's orange Tim Fleming?

Gerks 27/6/11

But you see, it's not me, it's not my family.
In your head, in your head they are fighting,
With their tanks and their bombs,
And their bombs and their guns.
In your head, in your head, they are crying...

Tigermonk

« Reply #93 on: July 01, 2011, 08:13:29 PM »
Very happy to see the bookends miller/mcgaune playing for coburg.

when this happening  :lol

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: July 01, 2011, 08:16:53 PM »
Very happy to see the bookends miller/mcgaune playing for coburg.

Yep...cutting through the crap , that's where it's at.
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #95 on: July 01, 2011, 09:31:48 PM »

Can hardly make out what your trying to say with the spelling of a 4 year old. You talk too much for a guy with no sense.

Gourdis played a blinder was rewarded with a senior game and looked horrible. Doesn't always work like that.

We don't have a gun first 22 players that need our reserves to play blinders to take positions off them. We carry our last 10 players picked.

Common sense prevails, drop guys who aren't playing well. We haven't got playing ripping up the VFL to come in. Would you like to play with 16 players instead?

And cut the Coliingwood crap out  ;D l know l have brought it on myself owning a membership, its just to make it easy to enter games with my family.
l hate Collingwood with a passion just like Carlton. The Melbourne membership is carried on for my late father because Melbourne is my second club l follow taking him to games when he was unable to take himself. Same as he was a Richmond member so he could take me to games when the club was powerful & winning premierships in the 60, 70, as a kid growing up it was the greatest thing to see & hear.

Now back to the football topic Lets debate this

Gourdis got rewarded because of continued good form you say, "Oh thats what l was saying" you just contridicted my post. players must play well over a period to be rewarded. Why drop Gourdis for 1 bad game when he is clearly the best defender at Coburg & played several consistant games there for all of us wanting him to be selected.   Let him settle & learn how to play with the senior list. That cannot be achevied on the training track. It can only be done in a game under preasure at that level. l find that de-selection a bit of a shock considering Rewoldt is out of form.

We could use that as a example of Griffiths in for Rewoldt but l wont cause Rewoldt is clearly in our best,  But needs a reminder to get on top of his game. He has no injury as said.  Players who carry bad hips from previous games dont try to outmark 200cm giants who are marking well

Thursfield clearly has no form to be rushed in, We know his coming back from injury & played 1 game at Coburg (?) was he in the Coburg best because l never looked.  He lacks match fitness at any level & it will show by halftime in a AFL game. This is not fair nor should be done to the other players in the squad,  to pick up for a player who will run out of match fitness & be a burden on the rest. Maybe Dimma will manage him through & if so l hope he does lead by example cause someone down the backline need to stand up & help mold a defence.

McGuane clearly needs dropping, His game is riddled with flaws. Shouldnot be recalled till his game is clean. Honestly l dont know where his at.

Defense is where we are losing the games. Send Millar down the back is what l would do. He does have good skills & is strong.  We have forwards in Rewoldt & Vickery so maybe this is the structure to bring in Griffiths. His also been down the backline but l would prefer him in the forward if fit. l got nothing against Griffo if he works & maintains his body. l got nothing against Rewoldt by BTW apart from berating his own teammates when he is clearly not in good form.

The only way for Dimma to fix the defence is to build it himself over the next few years with drafting new KPD,  the type that will mold around our running backmen Deledio who is backing himself  with his ball & carry & confident. Even Newman is making crucial mistakes but the preasure is constantly on him.

Now the other thing is all of us are saying how bad some of these players went on the weekend. None of us have given credit to Melbourne who's team were cocky & came to play football.  

1 other thing you said we dont have a gun 22 players for our reserves to take positions off, Thats a good comment & if thats the case you dont reward players like Thursfield or Griffiths that dont have form by pushing out a player like Gourdis after 1 bad game.

But l'm not the coach or do l know his thinking & its obvious to me he knows what his doing cause he is a premiership player at 2 clubs & been involved in premierships at several clubs but l have faith in him. If Thursfield & Griffiths are in then we will just have to watch & if l'm wrong then l will face my critics. If l'm right l still dont get nothing out of it because my team might lose.

Very very good post TM.   :thumbsup

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2011, 09:34:32 PM »
miller out for griffiths, as was always going to happen once griffiths was ready. should keep the myopic chicken littles happy, for a while

mcguane and goo out for post and and thursty,

conca and webberly out for king and helbig.

Keeping Miller in the side makes no sense if our most promising KPP is match fit and available. His development comes at the expense of Miller. Miller knows it, BG knows it, Dimma knows it and all would be okay with it. How is that chicken little or are you getting bit chicken little yourself?

not real sure what you are trying to say, but perhaps you have misinterpreted what i was saying.

I'm rapt to see see griffiths replace miller, but i'm glad they waited until they felt he was ready , which is why i tolerated him being in the side for the short term, unlike some.

I get the logic, I don't get this chicken little poo. You say you're happy to see griff in (when ready get that), You're happy enough he replaces miller (still with you at this point) but then make some obscure, smug reference to chicken littlers being kept happy for a few weeks (lost me wtf are YOU talking about)
Bizarre.

The chicken little comment was just a cheap snipe at those constantly calling for miller to be dropped because they cant see past the fact that ability wise he is only an average footballer and see the train of logic in playing him.

They will soon find something else to complain about.

I suppose it wasn't the best analogy in this case. perhaps narrow minded, short sighted, ignorant fools would be more accurate, but that's probably a little too insulting and probably would have led to "snip" ?

:lol :lol :lol  Thanks for the Friday evening humour moment Al.   :rollin

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: July 01, 2011, 09:38:48 PM »
Melbourne is my second club

What is a second team ?  There can be only one !

Spot on Blacky, There can only be one! I am a fourth generation Richmond supporter, my cousin played a few games for the bombers but I can assure you there was never a soft spot not even for a second. My daughter started barracking for Geelong after they won there first premiership, she no longer lives here and finds it very lonely at Xmas time.......Tigers forever!!

Nah sorry guys

My late dad played school boy footy for Collingwood at Victoria Park. He was a 2nd generation Pies support. He loved them with a passion. So I keep an eye on them and I will confess last eyar for my Dad I wanted them to win the GF.

But my Dad is a major reason as to why I love the tigers with a passion and have for so long.

My Dad died when I was 7. Ma Powell used to tell the story of how my Dad always said to us that he would never force us to follow the Pies (even though he wanted us too) and he didn't care which team we did end up barrackng for all as long the team we chose we stuck with them them forever because that's what following footy clubs is all about.

I chose the Tigers have been following them for nearly 40 years. Ma Powell used say he my Dad would be proud of my love for the tigers.

So I reckon it isn't a terrible thing out of respect for my wonderful Dad that I keep an eye on his beloved Pies it's the least I can do  :thumbsup

Keep an eye is one thing WP,  feel any sort of empathy is entirely another.   :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #98 on: July 02, 2011, 01:22:44 AM »
Even though we'll get thrashed, I'm just glad to see the future key forwards all on the ground together today. Now it's up to our midfield to get it down to them often enough.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #99 on: July 02, 2011, 02:02:10 AM »
Honestly if we can tag Yarran and Scotland out of their comfort zones, Jackson do a job on Judd and win the clearances. I reckon we could be within a chance.

Without Jamieson, they need 3 key defenders to hold down Riewoldt, BG and TV. If Riewoldt can find form we'll win.
Go Tigers!

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #100 on: July 02, 2011, 02:03:07 AM »
So is Griffiths in??? If he is good luck to him, great to finally see him in. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #101 on: July 02, 2011, 02:35:26 AM »
No change to the team last night so unless there's a late change just before the game he'll be playing. A lot of pressure too given Big Ben is our Mr 100% :thumbsup.

Honestly if we can tag Yarran and Scotland out of their comfort zones, Jackson do a job on Judd and win the clearances. I reckon we could be within a chance.

Without Jamieson, they need 3 key defenders to hold down Riewoldt, BG and TV. If Riewoldt can find form we'll win.
Whitey did a great job taking Yarran completely out of the game in round 1 so we'll have to find someone else. Judd got them going and won them the game in the last quarter last time.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd