General > General Discussion

Stopping the boats

<< < (2/94) > >>

Sabretooth:
Promote shark infested waters instead of, "oh by the way, they've relaxed the laws".

1965:

Turning the boats back 'risks lives': Admiral Ray Griggs

by: Brendan Nicholson and Paul Maley
October 20, 201112:00AM

THE new chief of the navy has highlighted the dangers to defence personnel and asylum-seekers of turning back boats at sea, as promised by Tony Abbott under his border protection plans.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/defence/turning-the-boats-back-risks-lives-admiral-ray-griggs/story-e6frg8yo-1226171197750

1965:

Six "Boat People" have died today.

This could have been prevented if Tony A had stopped playing politics for a minute.

And don't even pretend that this is Julia's fault.

RIP six citizens of the planet

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-01/six-asylum-seekers-believed-drowned-en-route-to-australia/3613528

Asylum seekers drown on way to Australia

Six asylum seekers including two children have drowned after their boat bound for Australia sank, Indonesian authorities said.

The West Java Anti-People Smuggling Task Force says about 18 asylum seekers are missing after the boat, carrying about 70 people, sank off the coast of Java.

Dubstep Dookie:
Perhaps the adults who in all likelihood paid for themselves and their kids to be placed in the dangerous situation, should take responsibility for their deaths. Why is it any polititians fault?

Modern Australia is the 'soft touch', and all taxpayers are getting taken for a ride.

I'd rather pump that money into the Heath system, increasing pensions or putting homeless people in homes.

1965:

--- Quote from: Dubstep Dookie on November 01, 2011, 07:45:29 PM ---Perhaps the adults who in all likelihood paid for themselves and their kids to be placed in the dangerous situation, should take responsibility for their deaths. Why is it any polititians fault?

Modern Australia is the 'soft touch', and all taxpayers are getting taken for a ride.

I'd rather pump that money into the Heath system, increasing pensions or putting homeless people in homes.

--- End quote ---

i don't care who is at fault.

But clearly Tony A could have prevented this if he wasn't so power hungry.

I wonder how many liberal voters out there are feeling just a little remorse at his actions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version