Football > View from the Outer

Nathan Thompson

(1/2) > >>

froars:
I hope there isn't a media circus over Nathan Thompson tomorrow, and that he can make his statement about his depression, and leave him alone.

Don't want to see great headlines across the front and back pages of the papers analysing and dissecting his life.  I just hope the media let him heal without interference.

Being a fellow sufferer in the past - amongst thousands and thousands of people in the same boat - people just need their space.

Good luck Nathan.

WilliamPowell:
Well put Froars.

I haven't read today's papers.

But I'd like to know the journalist who named him - very poor indeed.

I saw Channel 7's news last night and Craig Hutchinson say that he had been asked not to reveal the name because it was not helpful to the person's condition and he had agreed.

Let the man make his statement and then let him get on with getting better. Nathan Thompson is showing incredible courage by coming forward.

froars:
It can be turned into a good thing if they discuss the issue broadly, but if they get personal about Nathan's life and what he's going through, and all the garbage that will be brought up, then i fear that could do him no good at all.  But the issue is a common one and one that's misunderstood within the community, so i think it's good in a way to have an issue like discussed and may help other people who suffer get something out of it.

Puntroadroar:
I have been suffering footy depression for 23 years, its good to see that Nathan is also a keen Richmond supporter.

mightytiges:
Well said froars.

--- Quote from: WilliamPowell on May 26, 2004, 09:14:17 AM ---But I'd like to know the journalist who named him - very poor indeed.

--- End quote ---

I think it might have been Tony Jones (that's who they mentioned on SEN this morning). Agree WP very poor form.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version