Football > Richmond Rant

Jay Schultz you IDIOT

<< < (2/11) > >>

om21:
Im biting my toungue for the time being.

Roar:

--- Quote from: WilliamPowell on March 31, 2005, 03:33:44 PM ---Can I just add..

There is ways to lose sponsors and there are ways to lose sponsors.

If the TAC turned around said we want out -simply because they want out. then you say "fair enough thanks for the 16 years it's been great"

If you lose them because of this sort of thing then it is embarassing and shameful.

It could also make it difficult to get a new sponsor

--- End quote ---

I'm extremely angry about this specially as it is a 2nd offence there are no excuses for the player or the club,  if TAC pulls their sponsorship there is virtually no chance of us gaining another major sponsor this season and that affects the bottom line.

We have budgeted to grab back most of our losses from previous years and this will be just a kick in the guts. There are those that say lets wait and see what happens but I see iot as a clear demarkation does the club support it's sponsor and deal with Jay in the most serious way possible or do they support Jay to the exclusion of the TAC.

I'm sure the players assossiation will want a say in this as well so Richmond may find themselves in a lose/lose situation. For god sake when will Richmond get their act together.

Piping Shrike:

--- Quote from: Tiger Spirit on March 31, 2005, 03:30:01 PM ---Wish I could be as calm about it as you PS.

No use making rash statements full of emotion, but it’s hugely disappointing.  There’s an understatement.  How many clues do players need?

french connection united kingdom.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

--- End quote ---

Always calm on a Thursday TS. Usually a different story on a Sunday evening. As to your question - players probably need many, many clues. But mostly they're too stupid to process even one. (Says I mispelling they're in my 1st go).

mightytiges:
 :banghead @ stupidity (and just in time for the lead story on footy show tonight :banghead).

41 car immobilisers coming right up for dumb footballers ::).

WilliamPowell:
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse...

====
Schulz charged with drink-driving

March 31, 2005 - 4:24PM

Richmond key position player Jay Schulz was charged with drink-driving and speeding, which could again place the AFL club's major sponsorship deal with the Transport Accident Commission in jeopardy.

The incident occurred at 1am (AEST) on Thursday in inner suburban Prahran.

The 19-year was fined and will lose his licence for six months.

Schulz was also fined $5,000 by the Tigers.

A similar incident a couple of years ago involving former Tigers defender Royce Vardy nearly led to the ending of the TAC's major sponsorship deal.

"It goes without saying that the club is bitterly disappointed with Jay's actions," Richmond said in a statement.

"While Jay is only 19, he is in his third season with Richmond and throughout that period he has been educated numerous times on his social responsibilities, including road safety and drink-driving.

" ... Jay has not only let down the Richmond Football Club, its members and supporters, but also a long-term partner of the Club, the community as a whole, and himself."

© 2005 AAP

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,12712170-23211,00.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version