Football > Richmond Rant

Weird start to the footy season

(1/4) > >>

mightytiges:
Talk about an even competition  :o. Injuries and suspensions have exposed the depth of the Lions, Port and Saints so far. Only the Dees and Eagles look the superior sides at the moment.

As we have knocked over the hawks I can't wait for the % booster when we play the Lions  ;D.

Fishfinger:
Maybe once opposition sides realise Miller feeds off to a running midfielder every time he gets the ball at CHF that their scoring will be reined in a bit. WC and them look good though.

A lot of people have discounted our wins against the Hawks and Dogs. Maybe we're a bit better than even we think.

Moi:

--- Quote ---A lot of people have discounted our wins against the Hawks and Dogs. Maybe we're a bit better than even we think.
--- End quote ---

Yeah, i found it strange to see so much hype about Hawthorn this year so far and us being totally ignored, but that's Richmond.  Their drafts are playing well, and it does look promising for them.  But it does for us as well, and a bit of recognition for some of our kids would be good.

I don't think there's much difference between all the clubs lately, with the excpetion of probably Melbourne at the moment, and maybe Geelong, West Coast when they're on a roll.  But on any given day, most teams can be knocked off.  Good luck plays a big part with injuries, suspensions etc. and those who have that good luck, should make the most of it.  It's early days - how often do you see teams like the Kangas go well early, and then totally fade into obscurity? 

PS:  I reckon Richo might be worth a punt on the Brownlow - be interesting to see his odds at the moment.  Hopefully they're still long so i can jump on board when market opens again lol.

mightytiges:
Next week will be an opportunity to see where we are at against the Saints who blew away the demons today. It will be match of the round at twilight on Sunday so there'll be a big build up and a full house (good luck to Tiger fans trying to get in the Dome after what happened a couple of years back :-\ ). This will be the first test for us under some pressure of expectation as the bandwagon kicks into gear after 3 wins on the trot.

With Bruce doing his shoulder today the brownlow is wide open again. What's the odds for a Brownlow - Coleman double for Richo  ;).

DallasCrane:
PS:  I reckon Richo might be worth a punt on the Brownlow - be interesting to see his odds at the moment.  Hopefully they're still long so i can jump on board when market opens again lol.

I always have $5 on Richo to win the brownlow, wonder if this will be his year.
He was 80/1 before this round, he may have jagged two votes today, so maybe expect that to be around 50-60/1. Considering he is 4 goals clear on the goalkicking, my guess is he's paying about $3.50 for the Coleman.

So, MT, you should be able to get around 200/1 for Richo pulling off the big double!

Who was the last player to win the double?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version