Football > Richmond Rant

Show Faith??

(1/6) > >>

Moi:
Should Terry show faith in some of the senior players who haven't been playing well this year, ie Tivendale etc. or start dropping players back to the seconds?  Methinks it's time for a couple, although I probably would send Tivvas back first and maybe Krak.  Not that Tivvas was woeful today, it's just that he hasn't seemed to have hit any "real" and "consistent" form this year.  Just figure it can't be just the kids that take the heat after losses like that.  Did anyone in the 2s play well enough to get promoted?

JohnF:
I'm happy to keep Krakouer in the firsts on the condition that he does 3 gym sessions per week. if that condition isn't met I'm happy to never see him play in the firsts again.

I reckon Simmonds is close to getting dropped.

mightytiges:
Tivs is at least getting the footy the last two weeks. If at the end of year we don't think he is the player to take us to a flag then trade him as he would have value. Krakouer is struggling. He's only had one decent game in five. Coburg plays tomorrow so there's an opportunity for someone to make a claim for a senior spot. Hyde will obviously have to be replaced  :(. Given that I wouldn't be surprised if Terry holds the current team together. One loss (granted we were blown out of the water by a class act) isn't exactly panic stations especially on the back of 3 straight wins.

The finger after today needs to be pointed at Richo, Simmonds and Browny. As team leaders they needed to stand up and wave the flag when the side is under seige. Poor efforts from our VC, DVC and prized recruit. Richo and Simmonds should have had too much height and strength for the Saints defence but we didn't see that at all today. In fact the Saint defenders ran off them with ease. Add to that not one goal (4 behinds) from the two big guys.

Bulluss:
What about Chaffey?

I would rather see us go with Tuck as our number one tagger, even Hyde can play that role.

Chaffey is just down right pathetic and shouldnt be playing league footy.

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: mightytiges on April 24, 2005, 09:21:56 PM ---The finger after today needs to be pointed at Richo, Simmonds and Browny. As team leaders they needed to stand up and wave the flag when the side is under seige. Poor efforts from our VC, DVC and prized recruit.

--- End quote ---

A bit harsh on Richo there MT I reckon. From where I was sitting (between far too many Saints supporters) I thought his work rate was very very good. The delivery to him was pathetic - with the usual suspects showcasing their deplorable skills :banghead but he didn't drop his head and he ran and chased all night. Simmonds was a disappointment - for a man on his considerable size he should crash packs (ala Hamill).

As for Browny - as acting captain he needed to show more and he didn't. I was surprised the number of times he kicked with his right foot which made me think he may have been injured.

And let's not leave out our other DVC - Mr Bowden - a shocker, it was like those bad bad days. Can anyone tell me why he is kicking those little chip passes instead of kicking it long?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version