Author Topic: Coburg v Dolphins  (Read 2613 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Coburg v Dolphins
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2005, 11:44:37 AM »
One thing that stood out again yesterday watching the Burgers is the spririt amongst the players sensational

Gilmours game today showed me that this kid can be something. He has great skills and reads the play really well. Was magnificent in the first quarter and was congratulated by Terry Wallace just before the quarter time huddle. He was a bit quieter then after but still solid and did what was expected. He has great skills and is well balanced. His field kicking from defence set up numerous attacks and took some nice marks also. I beleive Terry is moulding Gilly and Meyer as
running backmen and wants to utilise their brilliant skills out of the backline. Is doing well, much better than what I saw of him last year and was the best game I've seen him play. Could be ready for promotion but wouldn't be disappointed if he wasn't as he's coming along nicely.

Agreed Harry - any chance you can sign bg25's pettition  ;D

Archibald spent alot of time on the bench, then to my surprise was played on the ball and in the centre square. Further to my surprise he won quite a few clearances. Have no idea what they are planning to do with Archi, but must admit he looked better as an on-baller than a KPP. I think he really struggles to read the play and the flight of the ball but really likes the in tight stuff.

Gotta love the kid - if making it as an AFL footballer was based solely on enthusiasim then Archie would be the greatest player of all time :thumbsup He runs he encourages his teammates, he yells "come on burgers" at the ball ups and throw ins ;D

His tackling in the midfield cause a couple of turnovers - I enjoy watching him and it helps that he is a greeat kid of the ground.
 :thumbsup :thumbsup
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)