Author Topic: Depth key for Tigers: Cameron ...... (afl site)  (Read 7604 times)

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Depth key for Tigers: Cameron ...... (afl site)
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2012, 03:58:06 PM »

Al no one mentioned griffiths so not sure what he has to do with this and as for Elton not being ready. Gee you saw that in the 1 game he played in Adelaide. You have a keen eye for talent then.

perhaps you should try and get a better grasp of other peoples conversations before you join with with your own comments.

as for elton, yeah except for a glimpse or two of what he can provide he looked well out of his depth in that game. combine that with reports of coburg games, both from the club and on forums, there was a constant theme of showing good things for short periods of time, but going missing for long periods and being too easily pushed aside from marking contests because his body was not mature enough, and thats at VFL level.
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2012, 04:02:20 PM »
Jack darling. 20 games in first year Had an impact in his first game + Rising star nominee
Tom Hawkins 10 games first year Had an impact in his first game + Rising star nominee
Taylor walker 14 games in first year Was drafted in 2007 and didnt play until 2009
Travis Cloke 15 games in first year. Had an impact in his very first game + Rising star

tony_montana

« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2012, 05:55:06 PM »
Ricky Petterd would bridge the gap between Edwards and O'Hanlon.

Yep, good call. Got talent and can take hold of a game, kicking lets him down and are there question marks on his work ethic? not sure, but wouldnt mind him as a 3rd medium fwd type.

Darling is the ultimate 3rd fwd type, as he can also pinch hit at times in games against weaker opponents  as the main focal KPF focal point. wanted him with our first pick, ah well conca will still be a solid player

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2012, 08:51:01 PM »
Darling is An Absolute freak that kid.

Picky can stay at Melbourne. RFC boys don't like him...or at least they didn't a few years back ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:33:39 PM by WilliamPowell »

tony_montana

« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2012, 09:35:06 PM »
Darling is An Absolute freak that kid.

Picky can stay at Melbourne. RFC boys don't like him...or at least they didn't a few years back ;D

well he is a bit of a mummys boy  :shh
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 11:33:54 PM by WilliamPowell »

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2012, 10:18:42 PM »
As pointless as the Miller experiment.

Get off the Jesse White train Mr Tigra.

If anything I reckon White would have cost a lot more than pick 74 for a player that may or may not have an impact. Same with Aaron. If anything Aaron is certainly an upgrade on Graham so ultimately I have no problem. Aaron will be a depth player in the fwd line. 30-40 goals a year and Edwards will have done his job.

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2012, 05:54:15 AM »
Ricky Petterd would bridge the gap between Edwards and O'Hanlon.
what do you think of him as a player 2011. i dont mind him but he sure has some knockers. yeah he would go some way to balancing out the age gaps here but can he play.

Maybe if he learns to mark more often above his head he would hold more marks?
perhaps he wears a d cup to avoid slapping himself in the face when leading?
Could we get him involved a wet t shirt competitions as fund raising for FTF?
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2012, 08:12:48 AM »
I doubt well get 30 goals from Aaron edwards.  I'm thinking more like 20. I don't think he'll get enough games firstly and secondly I doubt he'll bag any 8s.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2012, 12:15:11 PM »
If anything Aaron Edwards will be a good foil especially against the lower sides ie Dees the 2 new franchises and a few other halia sides like the Dogs Dons and will at least kick his 2-4 against them.
That should net him 15-20 goals next season.

I will still expect Jack to get to 80 and blokes like Knights and Vickery to be substantial contributors along with the others like Cotch Lids Tuck Grigg King Nahas Griff Astbury or whoever else.

As part of the bigger picture Edwards will fit in nicely and hey if injuries strike we don't have McGuane running in front or across any of Jack's leads.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2012, 04:20:47 PM »
As pointless as the Miller experiment.

Get off the Jesse White train Mr Tigra.

If anything I reckon White would have cost a lot more than pick 74 for a player that may or may not have an impact. Same with Aaron. If anything Aaron is certainly an upgrade on Graham so ultimately I have no problem. Aaron will be a depth player in the fwd line. 30-40 goals a year and Edwards will have done his job.
I first mentioned White on a ruck thread some time ago. It was blatantly obvious at the time Maric was getting tired and Vickery was injured.

What do you guys think of Jesse White at the swans?

Anyone think he's worth looking at?

Has talent and great mobility. Doesn't get a kick though
Can play forward or ruck. Don't you think he'd be a better back up for Maric or TV if they needed a rest or got injured?
Hes got to be an improvement on the spuds we got waiting at Coburg.
And you'd think he'd come cheap.
What do you reckon?
Nothing has changed as not many rate him very highly. But my thinking then is exactly the same as now. He's young, he's a ruck/forward, he's from a club with great culture and he'd be a good backup.

I got nothing against Edwards but he shouldn't be played for any reason other than
a)we are in the hunt for a finals birth
b)we have exhausted all other options.
If we play him for any other reason it would be a joke, pointless and stupid.

If the team is drafting well and the team is finally developing players properly with a dedicated development department, then I'd expect every other tall on the list to be played ahead of him.
With White it would be different because he's young enough and can fulfill 2 specific roles and it also adds to the club in terms of player competition which helps the development of the team as a whole.
With Edwards it's Miller all over again because as far as our team is placed in its progression up the ladder, he'll never be apart of our future premiership tilt.
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2012, 07:48:22 PM »
edwards at 184cm is not a tall.

amazing!
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

gerkin greg

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2012, 09:39:46 PM »
The White Crab is contracted and trade period is over so STFU

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2012, 10:09:30 PM »

amazing!
He plays as one though.

:bow :thumbsup :clapping

the claw

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2012, 11:02:20 PM »

amazing!
He plays as one though.

:bow :thumbsup :clapping
not all the time. to me he needs good structure arond him to do the most damage. hes a medium and if we ask him to primarily play as a key forward the whole experiment will fail.
i look upon his great aerial strength as a bonus to his all round game. to me it doesnt make him a kpf or a mark kick player.
like all med/sml forwards he relies on decent supply but he can get a kick if need be by taking a good grab.in fact he hits packs harder than our big blokes do. lots to work with this bloke ive always liked him as a player.