Football > View from the Outer

Robert Walls's love affair

(1/3) > >>

Puntroadroar:
I know, i know another walls thread but seriously i watched the coll v kangas game tonight and he just feel in love with cameron cloke, i thought it was just sickening.

maybe wallsy is trying to get back into the pies good books after dumping on them a few weeks ago.

froars:
Commentators make me sick full stop.  They are the most gutless creatures going around.

They're position on RFC - we are a rabble and have been for 22 years.  I don't deny they're right.  But they offer no solution to our crisis.  They have their go at the club, but deny our right as supporters to be upset when we see the same things.

They criticise our style of play, but are too gutless to say Danny should go, even though they probably feel it.  Wallace has been the only one really to put his head on the line, but even though he bagged the crap out of our style of play, stopped short of saying Danny should go.  If we call for Danny's head, suddenly this line of Richmond supporters up to their stabbing the coach in the back again.

What in the hell are we supposed to do?  Most of them didn't pick Richmond to make the 8, yet their constant critiism of our club - when other clubs are going worse that us - really makes me so angry.

Has anyone heard the same vitriole directed to other perennial losers in the Bulldogs or St Kilda, or why such a power in the '80s club like Hawthorn escapes the same criticism. 

No, we are an easy target for these guys to get their kicks without putting their heads on the line. 

I would like to see them stake their reputations and say this is what i would do if i were in the RFC's position.  But they sit back and constantly criticise and take the easy way out.

They are scum, and it's them (not Richmond) that is turning me off the game.  I can put up with what's handed out by our club (even if i don't like it) because they are my club.

The media have power they don't deserve IMHO.  It's about time they earned their credentials.

mightytiges:
We sell newspapers whether we're winning or losing thats why we cop it all the time. We also over the last 20 years never proven the jounrnos wrong in the long run. We might win some games on end or even make the finals once in a blue moon but we always seem to fall back on our own sword so they can pull out the same old garbage even if it's no longer relevant  >:(.

Speaking of Walls, you should of heard him drooling at half-time today as he has now jumped on the Saints bandwagon. Geez Robert only took you 10 rounds to realise St Kilda has a good side  ::). Watch him drop them like a hot spud (lol @ pun) if they implode as a Club like they have always done  ;D.

julzqld:
I read in the Sunday Mail that some professor at RMIT has proven that Eddie McGuire is biased towards Collingwood games when he is calling.  They examined several games and the number of favourable comments towards the Pies outweighed any comments towards the opposition.

froars:
Talking of Eddie, did anyone watch the Collingwood Weagles game on Friday night.

I tuned in thinking they might say something about Marcia Wiley which Eddie did.  Something like this:  West Coast have had a traumatic week this week with the passing of Robert Wiley's wife .......... oh I'll just stop there while Collingwood run onto the ground.

I died in my tracks - surely he didn't mean it.  Sounded awful at the time lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version