Football > View from the Outer

Norf!

<< < (21/21)

one-eyed:
North Melbourne is confident Alastair Clarkson will one day return to coaching, having informed the club on Wednesday afternoon that he would be taking indefinite leave from his role effective immediately.

In a statement released on Thursday, North Melbourne said that Clarkson – who was due to coach his 400th game this weekend when his side plays Sydney – would be provided "whatever time he needs to restore his health". The club said "everyone involved has been deeply affected by the Hawthorn investigation and the burden on Alastair has been significant".

https://www.afl.com.au/news/927831/-he-just-needs-time-north-confident-clarkson-will-return

Francois Jackson:
what a big load of bs this whole racism aboriginal thing is. They want an apology or money, well they aint getting neither from these guys so fo.

well played Fagan and i hope clarko comes back and wins a flag with them after this.

Absolute load of BS

one-eyed:
Richmond coach Damien Hardwick hopes Alastair Clarkson isn’t lost to the game

Ed Bourke
News.com.au
May 19, 2023 - 11:16AM

Football will be “worse off” if Alastair Clarkson does not return to the game according to Richmond coach and long-time friend Damien Hardwick

Hardwick said Clarkson, who was his mentor during his five years as an assistant coach at Hawthorn, was struggling with the “cloud hanging over him” and called for his privacy to be respected while he was away from football.

He said he thought the North Melbourne coach would return to the AFL in the future.

“It’s always sad when you see someone that you love walk away from the game,” Hardwick said.

“I don‘t think he’ll be lost to the game, the game will be worse off if he’s out of it.

“What I do hope is that, you know, this is the only thing I’ll say on it, everyone just gives him the privacy and the time that he needs.”

Hardwick said few people would be able to cope under the strain of coaching an AFL team while dealing with the serious allegations under investigation by the independent panel.

“The game is hard enough as it is, especially with this cloud hanging over him at the moment,” he said.

“And he unfortunately has been the face of it. I challenge any person to handle the workload and then the nature of that report and what is hanging over his head for eight months.

“It’s a challenging time, so let’s just step back, give him the time that he needs, and I and probably every other footy person in the industry want him back ASAP.”

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-hopes-alastair-clarkson-isnt-lost-to-the-game/news-story/b624e463f531802406371d7a2ccb8b27

Broadsword:

--- Quote from: Francois Jackson on May 18, 2023, 10:20:38 PM ---what a big load of bs this whole racism aboriginal thing is. They want an apology or money, well they aint getting neither from these guys so fo.

well played Fagan and i hope clarko comes back and wins a flag with them after this.

Absolute load of BS

--- End quote ---
It does feel like, given the seriousness of the allegations (including instructing a footballer and his wife to terminate a pregnancy), that something should have been substantiated by now.

If individuals at a club are doing that they're likely doing a whole bunch of other smaller things, and yet seemingly nada when it comes to corroborating evidence?

It's all very strange this. I know one thing for sure though: Jeff Kennett's a tosser.

one-eyed:
North Melbourne will apply for AFL dispensation and extra money in the soft cap to help pay for Brett Ratten's interim senior coaching gig.

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTY/status/1665241613243916290

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version