Author Topic: Richmond FC 2014 National Draft Strategy?  (Read 1566 times)

Gigantor

Re: Richmond FC 2014 National Draft Strategy?
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2014, 08:05:25 AM »
What really frustrates me ,is that other clubs spend minimal time at the bottom.Even the western bulldogs seem to be getting their stuff together,and other clubs that people here dismiss eg north Melbourne ,get their act together quite quickly,whereas we take an eternity.Where are we at now ,4-5 years into dimmas reign and we still appear to have significant flaws.I mean for crying out loud WW2 was fought and won in that time.
Something is amiss with our club,i don't know what but definitely something not quite right.
Its only round 3 and we can still turn things round ,but the signs are worrying and growing.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2014, 08:41:16 AM »
The problem with the RFC is we are unlike our song says, 'we're strong and we're bold'

When a good player comes up for the taking, like in the past when a player wants to come back to Melbourne from an interstate club, or more recently as a FA, we simply don't put our hat in the ring.

Some will say we don't want to pay overs for these blokes but the reality is if you want them you have to otherwise every other club would be in the running. Others will say they didn't want to come to Tigerland but as a club we have convince them to come, it's good old fashion sales! Give them an offer to good to refuse!!

Goddard is the biggest one for me. He is a champ and a leader, something we don't have in spades.
Eddie Betts last year, we are screaming for a small forward and have been forever, but as far as im aware we didn't look twice.
Another is Taylor Adams from last year, he wanted to come home but we just couldn't make it happen. Here is a 10 plus year player, he is tough and hard and loves the contest, something we need desperately. We didn't have the balls to move players on to make it happen.

I know there will be excuses of why we didn't get these blokes and it will be from old blokes that have never taken a rick in their own lives, but I'm just think a decent organization would move heaven and earth to make it happen.

We have another chance this year with a few others but in true Richmond style I bet we just sit on our hands and hope Lady Luck looks after us.

Take a look at Sydney and Hawthorn what they have been able to do at trade time. They run their club like a business not a boys club.

BE BOLD TIGERS!

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2014, 10:18:34 AM »
Need pace. Need quality small forward.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2014, 11:03:10 AM »
Should be building around McBean Lennon vlastuin Martin Griffiths Conca deledio cotchin mcdonuts rance gordon helbig types

Rampstar

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2014, 11:05:56 AM »
Should be building around McBean Lennon vlastuin Martin Griffiths Conca deledio cotchin mcdonuts rance gordon helbig types

One of the most sensible posts from his honour   ;D