Author Topic: Paul Chapman?  (Read 15978 times)

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Paul Chapman?
« Reply #225 on: April 08, 2014, 09:25:28 AM »
The only reason we should be discussing Paul Chapman is to talk about that the Cats know when to move on their older players.

Chapman has been in great form, but Geelong have slowly introduced a new batch of kids and haven't missed a beat.

It's time the Tigers got ruthless with a few players and backed their kids.
i disagree with this.

imo geelong have it wrong.  chapman would easily be in their best 10 still yet alone 22 and isnt stopping them playing any kid. where does this myth come from why do people think playing chapman and playing kids is mutually exclusive.
does enright still get games.  or kelly or bartel or stokes arent they keeping kids out of games which quite frankly hasnt happened at geelong anyway. their kids have got games despite the abundance of outstanding mature players because they have shown enough and performed well enough at vfl level and when they play seniors.ffs if chapman is not rubbed out they probably win a preliminary final and play off in the g/f.
this bloke massively influenced games when he came back from his hammys last yr and he has massively influenced games this yr.

here we are a club coming off finals and looking to do better and we cant even look at a high quality player who would replace a hack like jake king in the side.and address a serious list need. instead we went after blokes like banfield and lloyd, i have to ask  is chappy keeping a kid out at essendon of course not. is fletcher keeping a kid out or are they going to lose kids because of em absolutely not.
is matt thomas keeping arnot out of our side what a dumb way to look at it. blokes like shane edwards are  keeping arnot out.

im all for giving blokes like miles arnot helbig elton a game and we stop gifting games to blokes constantly underperforming in the seniors . but lets not jkid ourselves about the majority of our juniors. these  kids in the main are nothing like geelongs and have not earnt a game.

what juniors are we going to play, our juniors aged 21 and under are.
conca - imo should be dropped hes so out of form. he is one junior regularly getting games.
arnot
darrou
ellis regular
elton
lennon been injured,
mcbean
mcdonough
mcintosh
ohanlon
vlastuin - regular
williams
outside of the regulars who are the rest going to replace and out perform.
its not quality players keeping juniors and development players out of our side its hacks like grigg king petterd edwards etc.

and to the poster who clearly hasnt watched chappy over the yrs or done a shred of homework on him and his injuries. he doesnt have paper hammies and he is remarkably resiliant when it comes to injuries. hes played a minimum of 19 games every yr from 2003 to 2012. the only significant amount of time he has missed games was last yr when the cats admitted they bought him back too early from his initial hamstring injury. he hasnt missed a game since.

the thing we most need is quality he is a good fit at essendon and he would be an even bbetter fit with us.

if we had gone and got quality like essendon did with chappy and goddard i have no doubt we would be 3 and 0 with finals a real possibility. but hey it seems posters think medicre plauyers will take us further. they prefer to see the likes of king and edwards running around.

TLDNR
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #226 on: April 08, 2014, 11:37:43 AM »
I wrote this the other day but it seems to be the same OLD people making up the same OLD excuses for our recruiting. Take a bloody risk Tigers. Grigg would be on 300k/350k IMO, get rid of him and find anther $50k and we have a ten year player that has a decent crack in Adams. Really not that hard if you want to make things work.
Stop making excuses for a mediocre club when it comes to tough decisions.

Firstly I am not that OLD  ;D

Seriously, I am not making excuses for the recruiters and the bloke who is in charge of list management (who BTW should be held accountable a bit more than a few others) but if a player doesn't want to come to the club then why bother chasing them if all they are after is the pay packet? They made an offer to Adams, he knocked it back. Pies offered more $$ he took that = done & dusted. And going by the way he's struggling at the Pies at the moment and the money he is reportedly on; then you have an argument that he is being over paid and have to ask is he worth that supposed $400k he is on at C'wood.

Can only imagine how this forum would be if Adams' was at the RFC, playing the way he is at the moment on the $$ he is reportedly on? Got no doubt the majority would be taking aim at the Club saying we've paid overs for another dud  ;D

I'm all for going after good players but weary about paying overs. Said it at trade time I would love to have seen the Club put up some decent players for trade to try and get a top 5 draft pick from somewhere. But as usual they didn't have the courage/guts to do that.
IMO Adams made a poor decision based on football not to come here. He'd have been a perfect fit for us. But for the Pies he's trying to push past Beams, Pendles and Swan.

Hope he's enjoying the cash.  :lol

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #227 on: April 08, 2014, 12:38:46 PM »
I wrote this the other day but it seems to be the same OLD people making up the same OLD excuses for our recruiting. Take a bloody risk Tigers. Grigg would be on 300k/350k IMO, get rid of him and find anther $50k and we have a ten year player that has a decent crack in Adams. Really not that hard if you want to make things work.

Seriously, I am not making excuses for the recruiters and the bloke who is in charge of list management (who BTW should be held accountable a bit more than a few others) but if a player doesn't want to come to the club then why bother chasing them if all they are after is the pay packet? They made an offer to Adams, he knocked it back. Pies offered more $$ he took that = done & dusted. And going by the way he's struggling at the Pies at the moment and the money he is reportedly on; then you have an argument that he is being over paid and have to ask is he worth that supposed $400k he is on at C'wood.

Can only imagine how this forum would be if Adams' was at the RFC, playing the way he is at the moment on the $$ he is reportedly on? Got no doubt the majority would be taking aim at the Club saying we've paid overs for another dud  ;D

I'm all for going after good players but weary about paying overs. Said it at trade time I would love to have seen the Club put up some decent players for trade to try and get a top 5 draft pick from somewhere. But as usual they didn't have the courage/guts to do that.
IMO Adams made a poor decision based on football not to come here. He'd have been a perfect fit for us. But for the Pies he's trying to push past Beams, Pendles and Swan.

Please, we would've played Ricky Pettard and Grigg ahead of him while he rot in the 2's
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #228 on: April 08, 2014, 12:47:17 PM »
imo geelong have it wrong.  chapman would easily be in their best 10 still yet alone 22 and isnt stopping them playing any kid. where does this myth come from why do people think playing chapman and playing kids is mutually exclusive.

I wouldn't call it wrong, the Cats are 3-0 and cruising along nicely at this stage.

Chapman is a champ.

My point is that Geelong thought that Chappy was coming towards the end and they weren't going to give him another contract. We have a guy that is nowhere near as good as Chappy, and we a) give him another year; and b) have him playing seniors when he doesn't really offer much.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Dice

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #229 on: April 08, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »
Gotta remember too that Geelong did actually offer Chappy a contract. I think it was the clauses that made him leave ? Something about him only playing a max of 10 or 12 games so they could get some games into some kids.
They knew exactly what they were doing. Good management. Take note RFC
Tanking has put the club where it's at - Paul Roos

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #230 on: April 08, 2014, 08:57:47 PM »
His already injured & unlikely to play this weekend. Time to move on  ;D

Offline Owl

• Magnificent Bastard
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Bring me TWO chickens
« Reply #231 on: April 09, 2014, 05:19:27 PM »
Hmm so he wouldn't be a happy Chappy
Lots of people name their swords......

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #232 on: April 09, 2014, 05:46:46 PM »
His already injured & unlikely to play this weekend. Time to move on  ;D

He's not injured, just a rest cos he's old. If we had him we'd be 3-0 right now, bombers would be 1-2 like we are. We would only need him for 10-15 games and finals. A massive weapon up our sleeve
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #233 on: April 09, 2014, 06:09:57 PM »
We should have taken him but we didnt, so get tge stuff over it and move on priks!!
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #234 on: April 09, 2014, 06:14:05 PM »
Stunning this thread has 16 pages.

"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #235 on: April 09, 2014, 06:15:15 PM »
Stunning this thread has 16 pages.

No, it's not. Get a clue, guy.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #236 on: April 09, 2014, 06:29:12 PM »
No
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #237 on: April 09, 2014, 07:10:47 PM »

Please, we would've played Ricky Pettard and Grigg ahead of him while he rot in the 2's
nah, Adams played for another club. Straight in forever and ever.

Offline TigerMonk

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #238 on: April 11, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
scared to hurt players, banished to 2nds should have injured Lumumba

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #239 on: April 11, 2014, 10:51:49 PM »
scared to hurt players, banished to 2nds should have injured Lumumba