Author Topic: Titch, Kingy & Newy are unrestricted free agents (afl site)  (Read 4736 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Titch, Kingy & Newy are unrestricted free agents (afl site)
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2014, 09:58:42 PM »
In my opinion and I dont mean any disrespect to the players.
Newy should get the tap, or alternatively I would be happy for him to play in the reserves and offer his leadership to the kids in there.
Jake king, retire seasons end, love the push king but has a growing injury list and is up against it with age a factor.
Shane Edwards, could he become a crumbing forward pocket if the coach actually left him there? Dont know why the stuff he swings from midfield to flanks etc etc. Otherwise offer a one year contract and leave in one position to excel then talk bigger contracts next year if he has performed well.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Online Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2014, 10:14:19 PM »
Agree EEA.
Should stay in the forward 50. He aint a midfielder. Dimma needs to understand that.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2014, 10:56:41 AM »
They all need to go end of story!!

DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

the claw

« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2014, 07:40:11 PM »
jeezus h chrisst . the outlook should be with an eye on the end of the yr and our list.

newman, king, s edwards, grigg and a edwards are the obvious stand out mature players on the list proper who should be in the gun.yet we offer up contracts.

newman - 32yo who doesnt have a role to perform and has dropped off significantly as far as performance goes. he should be playing twos.
king - 30 yo. hes just plain ordinary and he always has been. its typical a short term upgrade becomes a long term mediocre performer.just has to go.
s edwards - 26yo ffs 8 yrs of what, how anyone can defend this bloke is beyond logic.   he should be cut or traded performance/and skillset  over a long period demands it.
a edwards - 30 yo is not a tall and we have better medium sized options imo.could be kept because we have so few tall fwds who can mark. was a good short term fix lets keep it a short term fix and develop.
grigg - 26yo. was a medium term upgrade it is time to find a way better more rounded player.
foley - 29 yo sml/mid going thru another ordinary season which is one of many poor seasons recently. there has to be questions asked. of the 6 mature players hes probably the safest.
i reckon the last 3 perform better roles for us than s edwards.

younger blokes in the gun.
helbig - 22yo mid in yr 4 and done exactly what.has to be in strife if he cant force his way into the team and impress.
batchelor - 22 yo med/def serious deficiencies in his game should have the alarm bells screeeching. 4 yrs in and i cant find an excuse for him.
o hanlon - 21 yo med /fwd has shown  little.  in his 3rd season has to be questions. age may save him.

mature rookies
stephenson 32 yo ruckman. does anyone really think he should be on our list.
thomas - 27yo with his skillset and lack of pace surely he is nothing more than a short term fix.
banfield - 24yo again sml/med/fwd has pace but little else. could include williams and darrou. darrou in particular is in yr 3 and not promoted.
petterd - yeah hes on the list proper but this is where he should be.

as wa tiger said all of newman king and s edwards have to go.

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2014, 08:33:48 PM »
If we only offer 1 year and average coin to Greg White then these 3 should receive similar (or no) offers. But 2 should retire and one is never going to play in a premiership.