General > General Discussion

Music appreciation thread

(1/8) > >>

tiga:
Started this thread as a place for musicians and lovers of music to discus music and post some cool music clips.

As a drummer one of my favorite clips is a bit of Omar Hakim Wizardry from Stings "Bring on the night" tour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdijsvPnyoc  Starts at 3:13

Mark King, Level 42 at Wembley amazing Bass Solo. second half of the clip is unbelievable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdijsvPnyoc

dwaino:
About to catch some shut eye and can't link anything at the moment but one of my favourite clips on youtube is Richie Sambora doing some improv on a 3 neck guitar before Dead or Alive. Also like looking up insanely gifted Asian kids playing ridiculously difficult video game themes on 8 string guitars and stuff.

I'm mostly into some pretty extreme stuff but more up the alley of many on this forum I'm really keen on Deep Purple (especially Machinehead), Rainbow and Dio era Sabbath, some early Eagles (dat guitar playing), and I remember dad also cranking Slade Alive a lot when I was a kid.

Musical interests differ greatly, so gear is a great topic. What is your set up tiga? Electric, acoustic? Ever stuffed around with DAWs and doing some recording? Always wonder how the hell drummers go when there are things like kids, neighbours, wives etc  ;D

tiga:

--- Quote from: dwaino on January 16, 2015, 12:35:15 AM ---About to catch some shut eye and can't link anything at the moment but one of my favourite clips on youtube is Richie Sambora doing some improv on a 3 neck guitar before Dead or Alive. Also like looking up insanely gifted Asian kids playing ridiculously difficult video game themes on 8 string guitars and stuff.

I'm mostly into some pretty extreme stuff but more up the alley of many on this forum I'm really keen on Deep Purple (especially Machinehead), Rainbow and Dio era Sabbath, some early Eagles (dat guitar playing), and I remember dad also cranking Slade Alive a lot when I was a kid.

Musical interests differ greatly, so gear is a great topic. What is your set up tiga? Electric, acoustic? Ever stuffed around with DAWs and doing some recording? Always wonder how the hell drummers go when there are things like kids, neighbours, wives etc  ;D

--- End quote ---

dwaino I currently have a Roland TD-6 as I had to offload my ludwig acoustic kit because of kids and neighbours. It has mesh snare but all the other pads are rubber. Hoping to get a TD-20 in the near future. I also play piano badly.  ;D a mate of mine plays bass and we jam every now and then. Haven't used a DAW but I would love to try one out. Do most of my recording and editing on my standard PC. I have rigged up my TD6 to my xbox to play band hero lol.
So what about you? You play guitar don't you? Knowing you you've probably got a Gibson Les Paul!!

Diocletian:

--- Quote from: dwaino on January 16, 2015, 12:35:15 AM ---

--- End quote ---

Stargazer's the greatest song of all time.

As youtubing for child prodigies....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqSx8kfwtpM

Yeahright:
All about that bass-Megan Trainor

But seriously im more of a alternative rock kind of guy.  As hard s I go would be bullet for my valentine who I used to enjoy. As for talent I have 0

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version