Author Topic: How did you rate our whole trade/draft period?  (Read 2794 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
How did you rate our whole trade/draft period?
« on: December 01, 2016, 04:00:47 AM »
Okay, all our recruiting is done for 2016 and we've had time to let it all sink in.

How did we rate our recruiting over the whole trade/draft period?

ARRIVALS

Age     Height Weight   Recruited From          Position

Trade. Dion Prestia            24      175      82      Gold Coast                Midfielder
Trade. Josh Caddy             24      186      84      Geelong                    Midfielder
Trade. Toby Nankervis       22      199    106      Sydney                      Ruckman
ND27. Shai Bolton             17      178      68     South Fremantle         Small Forward
ND53. Jack Graham           18      183      83     North Adelaide            Midfielder
ND72. Ryan Garthwaite      18      192      84    Murray Bushrangers     Tall Defender                   
RD6.   Tyson Stengle         18       172      70  Woodville-West Torrens  Small Forward

* 2017 round one selection (tied to Geelong) received from Greater Western Sydney as part of Brett Deledio trade;
* 2017 round three selection received from Greater Western Sydney as part of Brett Deledio trade

DEPARTURES

Retired: Troy Chaplin, Reece McKenzie
Released: Chris Yarran
Delisted: Liam McBean, Adam Marcon, Andrew Moore
Traded: Brett Deledio (GWS)
Free agency: Ty Vickery (Hawthorn)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: How did you rate our whole trade/draft period?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 05:42:32 AM »
Duds delist
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 07:51:20 AM »
I am looking forward to the 'Richmond drafted Bolton when such and such was still available' articles in the newspaper.

FlashGordon

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2016, 09:32:46 AM »
I am looking forward to the 'Richmond drafted Bolton when such and such was still available' articles in the newspaper.

Or Richmond gave away pick 6 for Presita and could have had Scrimshaw, Brodie or maybe even Petrevski-Seton after Prestia requests a trade to Freo

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2016, 11:10:27 AM »
Just a question on the clarification of the option "Above Average"

Are we to judge this against Richmond's average in Drafting and Trading or the AFL as a whole??

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2016, 05:01:12 PM »
Just a question on the clarification of the option "Above Average"

Are we to judge this against Richmond's average in Drafting and Trading or the AFL as a whole??
Your own view of what constitutes 'above average', Gracie  :).

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2016, 07:56:41 PM »
I'm pretty happy with the direction the club seems to have taken. But giving away pick 6 was just stupid IMO and we got bent over.
Good luck to all the young kids coming through, I hope they push the vanilla type players we have had to watch over the last 5 or so years. Grigg, Houli, Hunt and Ellis jump to mind.

Sticky Fingers

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2016, 11:10:40 PM »
I think this is a real wait and see trade/draft period.

I thought getting Nankervis was a good move. Getting Prestia and Caddy suggests the club thinks it's list is closer to playing finals than not, but that type of assessment has often proven astray at Tigerland in the past.

Taking Bolton with our first pick was a big surprise. Felt we had other areas of the list that we needed to address first. Graham falling to us at 53 seems to have been a stroke of luck, although I have that nagging thought that there must be a reason he slid. Garthwaite shows enough to suggest he is value where we got him.

Stengle, on tape, looks like the most promising of our draftees. And we got him at a pick where I would expect to pick up that sort of player.