General > Forum Announcements and Feedback

Swear filter

<< < (2/13) > >>

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: Yeahright on September 19, 2015, 09:38:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: WilliamPowell on September 19, 2015, 09:27:00 PM --- like we have done with the "C" word?

--- End quote ---

This isn't directed at only you, but for everyone it encompasses. But I don't understand the logic of some words carrying more offence than others. Words are just words

--- End quote ---

Wish they were but they aren't. Having been on the end of some truly vile abuse when I was younger I can tell you that some words easily become more offensive

Without wanting to appear to having a go at you I ask you this:

are there certain words that you won't use or try not to use in front of say your mother, grandmother, parents, children or partner?

If your answer is "yes" then I ask you why if words are just words?

Yeahright:

--- Quote from: WilliamPowell on September 19, 2015, 09:58:24 PM ---
--- Quote from: Yeahright on September 19, 2015, 09:38:58 PM ---
--- Quote from: WilliamPowell on September 19, 2015, 09:27:00 PM --- like we have done with the "C" word?

--- End quote ---

This isn't directed at only you, but for everyone it encompasses. But I don't understand the logic of some words carrying more offence than others. Words are just words

--- End quote ---

Wish they were but they aren't. Having been on the end of some truly vile abuse when I was younger I can tell you that some words easily become more offensive

Without wanting to appear to having a go at you I ask you this:

are there certain words that you won't use or try not to use in front of say your mother, grandmother, parents, children or partner?

If your answer is "yes" then I ask you why if words are just words?

--- End quote ---

Because other people take offence to them. Me personally I don't see the issue with them.

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: Yeahright on September 19, 2015, 10:04:16 PM ---
Because other people take offence to them. Me personally I don't see the issue with them.

--- End quote ---

You don't understand the logic, you don't have an issue with them but you don't use them in front of certain people because they are offensive to them.

A contradiction? Or just covering all bases

BTW ever asked why people they take offence?

Loui Tufga:

--- Quote from: Petey on September 19, 2015, 10:17:07 PM ---swear filters are so gay. we're all men here aren't we

--- End quote ---

I have to agree with the above.
What the hell has happened to this site over the last 18 months?
It used to be fun hear once and now it just turned into an over moderated Snip fest!
It's now a nanny forum full of whingers, dobbers and prudes! Nothing can be said in jest anymore without the kids removing it just incase it offends someone!
The place has slowly been brought to its knees by the whining
There was some good posters here once, the likes of Tiga, Coach Davey, Gerkin Greg, Rampstar among others were all good value and now we put up with the crap posted by Mrakov, tuckerbag and that Dookie guy......sheesh!!
Get it together mods or this site will be compleatly taken over by the prudes of this world ::)

Diocletian:
Agree.... place has become as dull, precious & humourless as....oh wait...criticising other forums is also verboten...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version