Football > Richmond Rant

Jacob Townsend [merged]

<< < (94/101) > >>

Go Richo 12:
Does anything stop another club from jumping in and taking him sooner? Or is it an unwritten rule to leave them alone if another club signals their intent to re-draft them?

Diocletian:
Done and dusted - he's staying.... :shh

one-eyed:
With his rehab tracking well, Townsend, now in his fourth year as a Tiger, will be back to full training after the Christmas break.

The 25-year-old is thrilled to keep Tigerland as home.

“If something popped up I would have had a think about it, but I’ve made some lifelong friends here and I didn’t want to leave, so I’m pleased I’m still here,” he said.

“We’re a tight-knit bunch as a group,” he said.

“We’ve lost a few good men over the trade period but that’s the business we’re in.”

“I’ll be seeing myself as a midfielder who can play forward, instead of a forward who can play midfield,” Townsend said.

“In 2017, I focused on playing good footy in the twos, so that when my chance came I’d be right to go. I was fortunate enough that the chance came and I took that, so I’ll have the same sort of mindset coming into this year,” he said.

“It’s another year for me to try and break into the side and play as many games as I can. I’ll be back into full training soon, try and get fit, and hopefully play some good footy.”

Read more at: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-12-15/townsend

Hard Roar Tiger:
If he can improve his running, I’d like him as a run with midfielder. The backend of the year so opposition mids really get away from us.
Cats, Pies (twice), Doggies and GWS had really dominant ball winning mids. I love to see a 100% fit Towner giving Steele Sidebottom hell in round 2 next year

lamington:
Steele Sidebottom is an absolute running machine and there aren't many players who'd be able to keep up with him. That being said, just to put pressure on him when he takes his kicks as opposed to letting him do whatever he wants will go a long way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version