Football > Richmond Rant

Jacob Townsend [merged]

<< < (96/101) > >>

MintOnLamb:

--- Quote from: big tone on May 07, 2019, 08:32:08 PM ---Is there a player who played in our premiership who has had less chances/opportunities than Jacob Townsend?

Is it simply a form or an injury thing or is it a personal thing with Dimma?

IMO he just doesn’t seemed to have had the same opportunity as players like Bellis, George, Butler, Broad or even Houli when their form drops off.

For me he is everything I would think Dimma wants in a player- super, super tough, great tackler, unselfish, versatile, sure hands, and an excellent kick.

He seems so far away from getting a game again IMO.

Is there something I’m missing?

Thoughts??

--- End quote ---
I am with you on this BT, it leaves me flabbergasted.

YellowandBlackBlood:
Agree whole heartedly with the big man.

WilliamPowell:
Agree BT

I'm a huge Townsend fan.

I think last year the want to play Higgins kept him out of the side, then he busted his leg.

Interestingly, last year there were many on here who didn't want in the side after one bad game

He said at a pre match the other week that he had a seriously interrupted preseason because of said busted leg that was worse than we knew. 

Originally I was genuinely surprised he d didn't play the first few weeks when Caddy was out. But after hearing about his preseason, not surprised now.

Will be interesting to see me gets a gig this week. He should, he's earned it

Assange Tiger 😎:
He was close a few weeks ago.

I think it's a simple case of him being able to fit into our structure. I love the guy but he is a seriously ordinary midfielder at the top level. He was in and out of the GWS team because of it. Same as with us until he moved forward and played great footy.

Played a good game or 2 early last year and then his form dropped. Unfortunately broke his leg later but was glad to see him retained.

I don't mind BT's idea of having him as a tagger at times but for a prolonged career he needs to play forward IMO. But where does he fit into our structure when all our bigs are fit? Right now I'd gladly have him up forward with Jack out, Lynch & Caddy out of sorts etc

Hard Roar Tiger:
 He hurts people and others rush their disposal when he’s hovering. We have opposition defences waltzing through our forwards like they’re turnstiles.
It’s really not that hard.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version