Author Topic: Nathan Broad [merged]  (Read 91411 times)

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Nathan Broad [merged]
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2017, 10:11:16 AM »
Thoughts on his game guys?.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2017, 11:19:44 AM »
He doesn't deserve to be dropped but he might have to for team balance.

Unleash the tornado

tony_montana

« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2017, 11:55:17 AM »
No way, he's solid and deserves his spot

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #93 on: August 08, 2017, 06:06:00 PM »
Good flexibility with Grimes (both can play small or tall). Gives even more freedom to Rance. Also means if anyone goes down forward/ruck we have a bit more flexibility to cover that without being exposed down back. As long as he keeps playing his role he stays in

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: August 08, 2017, 07:45:28 PM »
Has his kicking actually improved tho how is he under pressure.

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #95 on: August 08, 2017, 08:23:44 PM »
what team balance would that be.

tony_montana

« Reply #96 on: August 08, 2017, 10:18:54 PM »
what team balance would that be.

If anything he gives our side MORE balance.

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #97 on: August 08, 2017, 11:01:44 PM »
Same height as Rance but can play as a flanker. Can do what Conca did or Grimes depending on team need.
Wasn't a believer but you can't argue with his contribution.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #98 on: August 09, 2017, 06:56:43 AM »

Wasn't a believer but you can't argue with his contribution.

Thought it was his best game last week but I didn't think e was great, just reasonable. Still to many "heart in the mouth" moments for mine with his decision making and disposal

Will confess I certainly still not a believer, just see him as a back up / depth player. Would rather Short every day of the week
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #99 on: April 11, 2018, 02:03:22 PM »
Returning Tiger gets housemate's backing

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Apr 11, 2018

BRANDON Ellis says Richmond is a stronger team with defender Nathan Broad in it and wants his housemate to return to the side this week now his club suspension is over.

Broad was suspended for the opening three rounds of the season after using a messaging app to circulate a topless photo of a woman without her consent after last year's Grand Final win.

The 24-year-old had told the woman, who was wearing his premiership medal in the photo, that he'd deleted the image.

It was the incident that marred the jubilant celebrations of the Tigers' premiership win over Adelaide, with a long investigation ending with a chastened Broad publicly apologising to the traumatised woman and accepting his sanction on October 30.

Even though his suspension officially ended on the weekend, Broad hasn't been guaranteed an automatic call up to the side for Saturday's clash with Brisbane at the MCG.

Ellis, who shares a house with Broad, believes he should come straight back in now that he's served his sentence.

"I want him to play. I love playing with him and I think we're a stronger team with him in it," Ellis told AFL.com.au.

"He's in good form at the moment, he's as fit as anything, and he fits into our backline really well.

"But we had a good win on the weekend so it's a selection headache for the coaches, which is a good problem to have."

Broad last played for the Tigers on Grand Final day, where he was solid against Adelaide forward Tom Lynch.

He has since taken part in one JLT Community Series game and ran out in the VFL last Saturday where he showed decent form without blowing the game apart.

Ellis said Broad would bring "another dimension" to the team if he was recalled and allow their other defenders to take on other responsibilities.

"He can play on a tall player if we need him to, he can play on a smaller player if we need him to," Ellis said.

"It frees up me and Bachar [Houli] to play up high and also 'Shorty' [Jayden Short], and 'Tigger' [Nick Vlastuin] is sort of the same, it allows him to play even better

"So, I think 'Broady' coming into the team will be fantastic for us and make us even stronger."

Short was in good form against the Hawks last week while Reece Conca was solid after moving into the midfield after half-time, which will further complicate discussions at this week's match committee.

After Sunday's win, coach Damien Hardwick forecast the selection squeeze that could make it hard for Broad to make an immediate return.

"He's an elite runner, we love what he brings to our side and he's an important player to us," Hardwick said.

"We're pretty lucky; Broad's available, [Josh] Caddy's available … and Dion [Prestia] is a wait and see but my thoughts are at this stage he'll be available.

"We've got some good players that are going to make selection tough, but we're pleased with the way the guys are playing at the moment.

"We've got some good players who are not playing AFL at the moment."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-04-10/returning-tiger-gets-housemates-backing

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2018, 09:23:28 AM »
How did we rate Nathans 1st AFL game for the year?

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2018, 09:33:38 AM »
I thought Boob Broad was at his perky best and didn’t sag at any stage during the game.  :rollin
The club that keeps giving.

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #102 on: April 25, 2018, 10:54:26 AM »
I thought Boob Broad was at his perky best and didn’t sag at any stage during the game.  :rollin

:lol

Offline Go Richo 12

• Richmond tragic, bleeding heart, hopeless cricketer and terrible fisherman.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2018, 11:50:09 AM »
With no support.

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2018, 12:58:57 PM »
Cross my heart he continues in this way....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.