Author Topic: Glass half full or half empty? Greatest hope & biggest concern at Richmond (Fox)  (Read 549 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Glass half full or half empty? The greatest hope and biggest concern at every AFL club

March 12, 2020 12:24pm
Sarah Olle and Ben Waterworth
FOX SPORTS

Do you approach life with a glass half full or glass half empty approach?

Two AFL legends – North Melbourne’s David King and Carlton’s Mark Maclure – have adopted both outlooks when assessing your club’s strengths and weaknesses for 2020.

Here are the factors that could make, or indeed break, your club’s season.

RICHMOND

Glass half full

“It’s hard to pick holes in Richmond. They’ve got a young ruckman, CCJ (Callum Coleman-Jones) – I think he’s going to start Round 1 and be a player for them. I like what he’s doing. Sydney Stack and Marlion Pickett are going to take us on a ride this year. The Tigers are the best in the business wherever you look. They’ve got the best player in the comp (Dustin Martin), they’ve got the best captain (Trent Cotchin), they’ve definitely got the best system and everyone is looking at them saying: ‘How do we emulate them off-field? How do we have this bond, this togetherness, that Damien Hardwick and the club have created?’ There isn’t a hole in anything Richmond has presented over the past couple of years and good luck to them, because they play great footy.

Glass half empty

“I actually thought that coaches were sheep and follow each other – but there’s no one copying their style. It can be copied, it can be covered. But you need to have a try at it, because it is spectacular to watch.” – Mark Maclure

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-2020-david-king-and-mark-maclure-on-every-afl-clubs-strength-and-weakness-ahead-of-2020-afl-season-afl-360/news-story/85d580943a643bc1dab603ab7b3e2c30

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
You cant copy connection. It takes years to build the culture that Hardwick has created.