Football > Richmond Rant

Clubbed Corner

(1/7) > >>

JohnF:
mfaooooooo@how depressing this show has become. Just a few things that were said if anyone is interested:

The charge against Wayne Campbell for striking Brent Harvey has been dropped.

Greg Miller was on, and was talking about various things. He said the loss on the weekend can be attributed to the team being down on confidence and the media attention and the off-field issues playing in players minds. Mentioned Chaffey and Tivendale as a couple of players who can play but who are going through a bit of a form slump and need to be helped through it by the club. He talked about changes being made at the end of the year and having to balance complex issues when thinking about who to let go, e.g contract and money issues.

lmfaooooo, there was a caller who called in and went through the duds on the list and who should be traded. Was particularly ropable on Fletcher and Fleming as being Carlton rejects. Greenburgoebbels didn't even bother to argue with him. Another bloke called in who sounded so shattered they had to rush him off the air before he collapsed into tears.  lmfaoooo, poor bastard.

froars:
hahaha thanks John.  Wish i had the energy to have stayed up, but i was unconscious by 10pm lol

The positive out of that post John is that you mention that there are still a couple of Richmond supporters out there who care about the club.  From what i notice around my circle of Tiger friends, support for the club is there, but the enthusiasm is dwindling. 

Me being a classic case.  I think I've been to about 4 games this year and they were all home games.  I find it very difficult to get the enthusiasm up to go to away games at Telstra Dome on a Saturday night.  I hate the place. 

I luv the club, but every new drama now just seems to not affect me any more.

We need a psychiatrist down at the club to get the fans motivated again - oh yeah, and the players too.

Ox:

--- Quote from: froars on June 08, 2004, 07:56:17 AM ---

We need a psychiatrist down at the club to get the fans motivated again -.

--- End quote ---

6 months supply of valium issued with your membership would be a good start.

Tiger Spirit:

--- Quote from: Ox on June 08, 2004, 11:00:27 AM ---
--- Quote from: froars on June 08, 2004, 07:56:17 AM ---We need a psychiatrist down at the club to get the fans motivated again -.
--- End quote ---

6 months supply of valium issued with your membership would be a good start.
--- End quote ---

They could always offer to rip members’ hearts out on purchasing a membership.  That could solve a lot of problems.  But the main advantage would be that it could save thousands of souls from the associated grief that having an emotional attachment to RFC can and probably will cause.

For those souls who had their hearts ripped out a long time ago, they could have promises made of more grief to come and they wouldn’t care anyway.  They’d be saying, bring it on.  8)  8)

Then there’s the category whose hearts have turned to stone.  They just don’t care any more.  Only a miracle could restore their enthusiasm.  They’re anticipating an onslaught in this category any time soon.  I hope the membership department is ready for them.

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: Tiger Spirit on June 08, 2004, 12:33:39 PM ---For those souls who had their hearts ripped out a long time ago, they could have promises made of more grief to come and they wouldn’t care anyway.  They’d be saying, bring it on.  8)  8)

Then there’s the category whose hearts have turned to stone.  They just don’t care any more.  Only a miracle could restore their enthusiasm.  They’re anticipating an onslaught in this category any time soon.  I hope the membership department is ready for them.

--- End quote ---

How sad is this? I am not sure which category I fall into at the moment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version