Football > View from the Outer

2006 Potential Draftees thread

(1/31) > >>

bluey_21:
I thought the 2005 thread was very insightful and thought i'd have a crack at starting a 2006 thread.

Bryce Gibbs - Highly talented midfielder who has spent past couple seasons playing on the foward line in the SANFL. Very highly rated by recruiters.

Mitch Thorp - Highly-rated in this forum and for good reason, he is an extremely versatile tall who can play FB and FF. IMO could be something very special, and i'm hoping for richmond to snare him next year.

Lachlan Hansen - Don't know much about him, but from reports he sounds like a talent-laden tall, also was very impressive at the Carnival this year.

Joel Selwood - Even more talented midfiedler than his impressive brothers Troy and Adam, but is about 6cm shorter than them.

Scott Gumbleton - Tall CHF from Peel Thunder who is a terrific contested mark (which would please WP). Is a good all-round package with good pace, endurance, skills and footy smarts. If we can't get Thorp i'm hoping for Gumbleton

Leroy Jetta - Electrifying small foward who is clever around goals and works hard to keep the ball in the foward line. Had a very good U18 championship and was rewarded with an U18 AA guernsey.

Jack Riewoldt - Tall foward who has fans and like gumbleton seems a nice all-round package with pace, skills and smarts. He does seem to have plenty of potential but i wasn't entirely impressed with his performances at the carnival this year.

There are plenty of other talented potential draftees in next years draft, but the above names are ones that have had more of the spotlight on them. If we have a similar year like this years we would end up with pick 5 meaning we would definitely pick up one of Riewoldt, Gumbleton, Hansen or Thorp, assuming that Gibbs is the consensus No. 1

bluey_21:

--- Quote from: RampagingTiger on January 02, 2006, 10:24:30 PM ---James Sellar who is also well regarded is another KPP that all clubs will look at.

--- End quote ---

I read about Sellar in the Sunday Age a couple of weeks ago, and i though he was a tall midfielder who could offer KPP relief like our own Lids.

If we go great guns next season and miss out on Thorp, i wouldn't mind Sellar

PuntRdRoar:
I think we will end up with a top 3 pick, I also want us to work hard on clubs like North, Sydney and Port and try and get 1 of them to hand over a 1st rounder.

WilliamPowell:

--- Quote from: RampagingTiger on January 08, 2006, 10:31:37 AM ---I think we will end up with a top 3 pick, I also want us to work hard on clubs like North, Sydney and Port and try and get 1 of them to hand over a 1st rounder.

--- End quote ---

I reckon North would be the one you'd go after - they always seem to give up their 1st round pick :ROTFL

Razorblade:
West Coast seem to be the only team in premiership contention interested in building their list 100% through the draft.

Sydney, Kangaroos and St Kilda all traded away their 1st rounders to get players.

Late 1st rounders owned by teams looking to top up are always VERY cheap, i mean for Geez sake if Ted Richards is worth a 1st rounder Schulz is worth a top 10 pick at least!  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version