Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 273454 times)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1110 on: July 03, 2018, 05:13:02 AM »
Dion Prestia, comeback from calf injury

“He’s done a great job. His preparation and attitude towards it was very good. He’s pulled up really well from that game (v Sydney last Thursday night) . . .”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-07-02/round-16-injury-update

Online yandb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1111 on: July 03, 2018, 02:38:03 PM »
What ever he did on his rehab he should keep doing it, his kicking compared to last year is sublime.

I have been one of his harshest critics due to his poor kicking.

This year he is "a spicy meataball" to quote Jim Carey (The Mask) :lol :lol :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1112 on: July 06, 2018, 10:50:34 PM »
Dion B.O.G. for mine tonight. Clean in tight all night and when we needed a spark after 3/4 time he won 3 clearances in the last for 3 goals to us. He just makes a huge difference for us when he's playing.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1114 on: July 18, 2018, 01:50:28 AM »
Prestia missed a couple of months with a calf complaint, and was given a mini pre-season in preparation for his comeback.

He’s subsequently slotted seamlessly back into Richmond’s line-up over the past three matches (v Sydney, Round 15, v Adelaide, Round 16 and v GWS, Round 17).

He’s averaged 27 disposals, 10 contested possessions, 4 inside-50s, 3.6 clearances and 3.3 tackles in those three games and provided the Tigers’ midfield with a major boost.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-07-17/tiger-duos-ripping-return

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1115 on: July 21, 2018, 12:05:41 AM »
‘The Human Meatball’ makes mincemeat of Saints

Dion Prestia has endured some injury issues this year but the Richmond midfielder is building impressive momentum towards another premiership assault. The ex-Sun, in his second season as a Tiger, was back to his damaging best against St Kilda, gathering 26 possessions and kicking a career-high three goals. The hard-nosed runner was stiff not to have a fourth major, snapping truly in the second term only for the boundary umpire to deem that Callum Moore had handballed to Prestia while the ball was out of play. Prestia also had a hand in many other scoring thrusts and was one of the most influential players afield.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-20/five-talking-points-st-kilda-v-richmond

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1116 on: July 21, 2018, 08:06:20 PM »
BOG last night IMO.
He has been sensational since he has returned.
I like the fact he doesn’t try to do to much when he gets the footy. He does the simple things really well and is just a really hard worker.

Very much like Lambert in that way.

2 players you can rely on whomever you are playing against.

Online The Machine

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1117 on: July 21, 2018, 09:16:15 PM »
BOG last night IMO.
I like the fact he doesn’t try to do to much when he gets the footy. He does the simple things really well and is just a really hard worker.

Agreed

Online Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1118 on: July 21, 2018, 09:28:28 PM »
BOG last night IMO.

Agreed

Grimes is also one of those players, hard as nails and just gets the job done

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1119 on: July 22, 2018, 10:19:49 PM »
Dion Prestia is primed for September

It must be nice to be the third or fourth-string midfielder in Richmond’s engine room. Prestia is one of those for the Tigers, behind key pair Dustin Martin and Trent Cotchin, and on Friday night he had the biggest impact of the lot with three goals from 26 disposals. Prestia has been missing in action for much of the season with injury issues since last year’s Grand Final win. The Tigers have rolled on well without him, but since Prestia has been back he has added extra depth and talent to an already loaded midfield. He’s set to play another huge role in the finals as Richmond attempt to go back-to-back. - Callum Twomey

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-07-22/nine-things-we-learned-from-round-18

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1120 on: August 28, 2018, 02:34:26 PM »
Tiger ready for more ups than downs this September

Jennifer Phelan
afl.com.au
Aug 28, 2018 1:27PM

DION Prestia believes his body is strong enough now to withstand the finals pressure-cooker and he's relieved to have put his injury concerns behind him at the pointy end of the season

With Richmond to begin its finals campaign next week against Hawthorn – and with Prestia admitting he'll relish the mandated pre-finals break this weekend – the 25-year-old is set for a big September after overcoming a number of complaints this season.

"In the games I've played I've come back and played my role, and I feel like I've played some pretty good footy when I have been out there," Prestia told AFL.com.au.

"I've kind of felt like I've come back and been able to play my role pretty well.

"It's just the consistency of getting my body right and getting that continuity.

"I'll enjoy the week off and then roll into the first final."

Minor ankle surgery after the Grand Final last year on an injury he'd carried for much of the season should have had him back on the track for the majority of summer training.

The operation itself wasn't an issue. He had the injury repaired and was back running when the senior players returned to the club at the start of December.

Prestia was eased back into the main group after the festive break and had his sights set on the season opener against Carlton on March 22, but he pinged a hamstring at the end of February and subsequently didn't take part in any of the Tigers' pre-season matches.

Then the injury lingered into the season proper and robbed him of the first three games.

"You're here to play footy, so it has been frustrating," he said.

"I then had ankle surgery, so that set me back a bit, but then I got a few niggles here and there in the pre-season.

"Hopefully I'll be surgery-free at the end of this season and I can just roll straight into a normal program."

Prestia's return to the senior side was short-lived. In round seven against Fremantle, he hurt his calf, and while the Tigers were initially hoping it wouldn't be a lengthy lay-off, it ended up costing him a large chunk of football.

Given it was his second soft tissue injury of the year, and taking into consideration the weeks of summer training lost to the hamstring, he was directed to focus on a strict training block rather than getting back onto the field.

"Having to do a mini pre-season was challenging halfway through the year," he said.

"I guess that's another challenge I've had to face, and it has been frustrating, but hopefully I've come good now."

Prestia came back in round 15 against Sydney and stayed fit until a brutal collision with Collingwood's Travis Varcoe four weeks later broke a couple of ribs and cost him the round 20 clash with Geelong.

He came back for their round 21 trip to Queensland to face Gold Coast but missed the following week with hamstring soreness in a conservative pre-finals move.

Then, in what he hopes is the final peak-and-trough of a rollercoaster season, Prestia played in the season-closer against the Western Bulldogs on Saturday.

"I was pretty desperate to play last week but they wouldn't let me," he said of the round 22 clash with Essendon.

"It's been a bit interrupted, but I've pulled up fine, and the week off is actually going to suit me.

"Not many like having the week off leading into finals, but hopefully I'll get a good run in the next couple of games."

Prestia is also hoping to escape the operating theatre when the season ends for the Tigers, so he can avoid the kind of year he's endured in 2018.

"I've had off-season surgery for the last four years so it's something I want to get right, and will do everything I can for the next couple of weeks and leading into next year, go surgery-free and get a decent pre-season in."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-28/tiger-ready-for-more-ups-than-downs-this-september

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1121 on: September 06, 2018, 10:40:42 PM »
626 metres gained by Richmond's Dion Prestia is comfortably the most of any player on the ground.

26 disposals, 5 clearances, 7 inside 50s and a goal too.

http://www.afl.com.au/match-centre/2018/24/rich-v-haw

:clapping

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1122 on: September 06, 2018, 10:51:39 PM »
So damn good, imagine if he could get his body right.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1123 on: September 07, 2018, 12:05:03 AM »

Maybe having half the season off gets him cherry ripe for the finals

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1124 on: September 07, 2018, 01:24:38 AM »

Maybe having half the season off gets him cherry ripe for the finals

I’ll take it!