Author Topic: Dion Prestia [merged]  (Read 273102 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Dion Prestia [merged]
« Reply #1410 on: June 18, 2022, 08:24:11 PM »
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1411 on: June 20, 2022, 05:45:07 AM »
Dion Prestia's grunt is key to Richmond's hopes

If the Tigers were to knock off Carlton on Thursday evening, they had to match the Blues' effort at the coalface. That's exactly what the Tigers did from the off and it was led in part by Dion Prestia who was sensational all evening at stoppages. In Richmond's round one loss to the Blues, Prestia hurt his hamstring, which was a significant blow to the midfield stocks against the plethora of Carlton midfield stars who ran all over them on the night. However, on this occasion, the three-time premiership star was available for the entirety of the game and his inclusion paid major dividends. Prestia was everywhere, accumulating 33 disposals (19 contested) and winning a whopping game-high 13 clearances - which was eight more than any of Carlton's midfielders. - Nick D'Urbano

https://www.afl.com.au/news/782199/six-things-we-learned-there-s-a-new-contender-for-max-s-crown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dion Prestia might be Richmond’s most important player

Richmond’s midfield bull Dion Prestia was immense on Thursday night against Carlton.

Against a Blues midfield that’s been hailed all year as one of the competition’s best, Prestia wrestled control on the inside for his side picking up 13 clearances to give Richmond a 41-28 win in that area.

With his influence early on helping the Tigers to a five-goal lead, Prestia was probably the difference in a game that tightened up late.

Although Dustin Martin is Richmond’s best player, Prestia’s inside ball-winning ability for a side that doesn’t typically dominate in that area might make him the player the Tigers can ill-afford to lose on the road into finals.

We know he’s had troubles with his body in recent years, but if the 29-year-old stays fit, there’s no ceiling on where this side can go in 2022. - Lachlan Geleit

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/19/the-six-things-we-learned-from-round-14-1/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1412 on: June 23, 2022, 02:37:59 PM »
THE TIGER “WE DON’T TALK ABOUT ENOUGH”

By Alex Zaia
SEN
23 June 2022

Richmond midfielder Dion Prestia is flying under the radar, according to Garry Lyon.

Prestia underlined his importance to the Tigers with a superb display in last week’s win over Carlton finishing with 33 disposals, 19 contested possessions and 13 clearances.

The 29-year-old, who has missed a lot of football over the past three years due to soft tissue injuries, is an irreplaceable cog in Richmond’s midfield when fit.

Lyon thinks the triple-premiership Tiger is a player that doesn’t get spoken about enough.

Lyon said on SEN Breakfast: “The other player we don’t talk about enough is Dion Prestia.”

Tim Watson replied: “He was outstanding again last week too.”

Lyon added: “I put my hand up … I’ve known and appreciated how good a footy player he’s been.

“But when he’s going, how good is he?”

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2022/06/22/the-tiger-we-dont-talk-about-enough-and-the-star-having-a-huge-impact/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1413 on: June 25, 2022, 09:55:07 PM »
Dimma was asked post-game how Prestia was feeling.

Hardwick: "Dion is up and about [i.e. physically upright] so he's okay at this stage. Let the doctors worry about it. Not my place to comment on the incident. You guys will do enough."

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1414 on: June 26, 2022, 12:04:37 AM »
Body was like jelly for a decent period after. Looked horrible.

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1415 on: June 26, 2022, 01:52:33 AM »
The trainers were brilliant in showing care for him. But the decision to not call for a stretcher is a really poor one.
Go Tigers!

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1416 on: June 26, 2022, 07:14:57 AM »
I will now watch the replay as I had only eyes for Dion being at the ground, but did any of our players slam that idiot of a thing Stewart at this time? Let’s not forget what they did to Nick V in the grand final.

Enough is enough.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Knighter

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1417 on: June 26, 2022, 07:54:55 AM »
The trainers were brilliant in showing care for him. But the decision to not call for a stretcher is a really poor one.

Agree - stupid decision

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #1418 on: June 26, 2022, 08:23:37 AM »
Looking at the vision Stewart wasn’t even watching the ball, eyes only on the man, head high, intentional, 4 weeks at least, that is a glaring reason why there should be a red card system

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1419 on: June 26, 2022, 10:27:11 AM »
The Umps could have stopped the play but didn't  :thumbsdown.

Barrett just said the umpires do have the discretionary power to stop the play. He added the AFL will be investigating why play was allowed to continue up to Stengle's goal.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1420 on: June 26, 2022, 01:22:58 PM »
The Umps could have stopped the play but didn't  :thumbsdown.

Barrett just said the umpires do have the discretionary power to stop the play. He added the AFL will be investigating why play was allowed to continue up to Stengle's goal.

Well I stand corrected

I have always been told that play cannot stop unless a stretcher is called of of the ball is within a certain vicinity

And let's be honest that is the only thing the AFL should be investigating after last night's shambolic umpiring
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1421 on: June 26, 2022, 03:02:16 PM »
Maybe the AFL will come out with a statement citing common sense should have been applied….

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #1422 on: June 26, 2022, 03:28:11 PM »
I will now watch the replay as I had only eyes for Dion being at the ground, but did any of our players slam that idiot of a thing Stewart at this time? Let’s not forget what they did to Nick V in the grand final.

Enough is enough.

Spot on with this. Had a heated chat with my brother on way home. Where was an all in brawl? Same with when Cameron was mounting Pickett who flew the flag for when Cameron decked Bolton. Was very happy with how we responded play wise but ge any danger of someone getting in Stewarts face.
Go Tigers!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #1423 on: June 26, 2022, 03:50:12 PM »
I don't think our players saw it. That's how late and off the ball the thuggish hit was.

I wasn't at the ground but I've read the hit wasn't replayed on the scoreboard. IIRC incidents involving an on ground report aren't allowed to be replayed on the scoreboard. I'd doubt our players really knew actually what happened until after the game.

Dimma's not so subtle post-game comment "we'll look forward to hopefully meeting them again" (in the finals) makes me think we'll leave our revenge for next time as a dish best served cold and hopefully when there's no tomorrow and it matters more to just beat those head hunting thugs when it hurts them the most. No point getting rubbed out retaliating in round 15 and only hurting ourselves in the coming weeks with healthy players sitting in the stands.   
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1424 on: June 26, 2022, 06:39:29 PM »
No Dion no Tiges well not this week they really did well with out him.

Geez i wish it was the 80's still. Rather than Stewart i woukld have gone thru Stengle and a soft prick like Smith just to let em know what goes around comes around.