Author Topic: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]  (Read 192112 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Kamdyn McIntosh [merged]
« Reply #660 on: April 10, 2024, 10:34:52 PM »
Trade to a WA side (late 2nd/early 3rd rounder)

He’s 30yo

Would you give up a late 2nd/early 3rd if you were the WA side ?

(Insert Darryl Kerrigan quote)

He's an UFA isn't he?

We'd probably get a token 3rd to bundle up for a higher pick swap to an academy club.

Depending on what his contract is and how it fits within a teams salary cap, you may get nothing
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #661 on: April 10, 2024, 10:55:23 PM »
Our reward will be him no longer being  on the list..... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #662 on: April 11, 2024, 12:24:26 AM »
Well I am a big fan of KMac
Rightly or wrongly
Amazing athlete
3 x Premiership Player
I would imagine none of any of the posters here could beat him in a one on one
Put him in the forward line, mix the wings up?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #663 on: April 11, 2024, 07:13:39 AM »
Rightly or wrongly
Amazing athlete
3 x Premiership Player

2 x Premiership player

He didn't play in the 2019 GF

And BTW I've always been a fan too. Has a role that the coaches want him to play and plays it week after week. His problem now as I see it is not the disposal but the drop in pace
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #664 on: April 11, 2024, 07:22:25 AM »
His role has resulted in our decline.
He is an absolute liability and it's stifling our growth. Nice guy thanks for the memories now go to the VFL and stop being selfish languishing  in the seniors.

Yze show some balls ffs and dump him with Pickett to follow iafter his ton.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #665 on: April 11, 2024, 09:41:16 AM »
Rightly or wrongly
Amazing athlete
3 x Premiership Player

Why is chuck em in the forward line always the fall back line. No wonder our fwd half is so poor.
How about we throw Coulthard or Clark or Bauer and others  into the fwd half and give em a decent run at it.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #666 on: April 11, 2024, 09:51:25 AM »
Rightly or wrongly
Amazing athlete
3 x Premiership Player

Why is chuck em in the forward line always the fall back line. No wonder our fwd half is so poor.
How about we throw Coulthard or Clark or Bauer and others  into the fwd half and give em a decent run at it.

Come on mate lol.

We are playing Kosi and Lefau, who are good for about 2 goals/week between them.

Bauer is injured. Coulthard and Clarke are smalls.

KMac is at least 192cm and despite his ordinary field kicking has generally been quite a good set shot for goal.

I'd rather try him forward than the likes of Pickett or any other junior player who doesn't get to play their natural role on debut etc.

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #667 on: April 11, 2024, 01:53:04 PM »
Rightly or wrongly
Amazing athlete
3 x Premiership Player

Come on mate lol.

We are playing Kosi and Lefau, who are good for about 2 goals/week between them.

KMac is at least 192cm and despite his ordinary field kicking has generally been quite a good set shot for goal.

I'd rather try him forward than the likes of Pickett or any other junior player who doesn't get to play their natural role on debut etc.

Hes an ordinary player in his best position on a wing what the hell is he going to offer as a fwd. He does not play tall he takes few marks and even fewer contested marks he is not even a goal kicking wingman he kicks few goals.

Atm we are stuck with Lefau and Kosi at least they are genuine kp size and are forwards. Add for arguments sake Ryan or Naismith we don't need another tall who can't mark the ball with ordinary skills. those mentioned are better options as unbelievable as that sounds.

We will play with at least two tall forwards and three when possible that does not include McIntosh even with the injuries we have

Atm it looks like we need to find upgrades on both Kosi and Lefau, playing another ordinary 30yr old  tall midfielder forward won't help the situation. It will deprive a genuine forward no matter how big an opportunity ffs give Cumberland a good block of games.

FMD who would want to be a small medium forward at Richmond you would never get picked, why because we keep on picking mids backs and wingers instead pickett, and if we played  McIntosh.

What attribute does McIntosh display that remotely suggests he is a forward. ? Not one.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #668 on: April 11, 2024, 02:32:37 PM »
Rightly or wrongly
Amazing athlete
3 x Premiership Player

Come on mate lol.

Hes an ordinary player in his best position on a wing what the hell is he going to offer as a fwd. He does not play tall he takes few marks and even fewer contested marks he is not even a goal kicking wingman he kicks few goals.

Atm we are stuck with Lefau and Kosi at least they are genuine kp size and are forwards. Add for arguments sake Ryan or Naismith we don't need another tall who can't mark the ball with ordinary skills. those mentioned are better options as unbelievable as that sounds.

We will play with at least two tall forwards and three when possible that does not include McIntosh even with the injuries we have

Atm it looks like we need to find upgrades on both Kosi and Lefau, playing another ordinary 30yr old  tall midfielder forward won't help the situation. It will deprive a genuine forward no matter how big an opportunity ffs give Cumberland a good block of games.

FMD who would want to be a small medium forward at Richmond you would never get picked, why because we keep on picking mids backs and wingers instead pickett, and if we played  McIntosh.

What attribute does McIntosh display that remotely suggests he is a forward. ? Not one.

Just saying that given our current situation in the forward line I would rather play KMac there than Coulthard, who has shown stuff all this year reportedly, or even Clarke who is apprently looking decent.

With Bolton, MRJ, Campbell, Mansell snooping around I think that's short enough.

If anyone is making way for those two it's Mansell but he's got some effort runs on the board and has played his good game for this half of the year.

Online eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #669 on: April 11, 2024, 06:06:26 PM »
He is not a forward. He is not well known for his marking and it would be unfair on him to expect him to be a marking target. He has lost pace and kicking is not his strength. There are other forwards who can apply pressure. Would prefer they bring in Coulthard for his speed and his x factor qualities.

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #670 on: April 11, 2024, 07:35:18 PM »
Rightly or wrongly
Amazing athlete
3 x Premiership Player

Great so that justifies why he’s in the team over any of us. What about the rest of the players on our list and any players we could draft or trade in?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #671 on: April 11, 2024, 08:06:53 PM »

lmao what are you like 10 years old? Time to take off the badges and put away the duffle coat methinks.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #672 on: April 14, 2024, 08:20:16 PM »
Looked like he was going to have a rare good one of pre-'21 vintage early on but wasn't long before we saw the return of the same old display from Sir Runsalot - Lord Flapper of Arms.... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #673 on: April 14, 2024, 08:56:40 PM »
Looked like he was going to have a rare good one of pre-'21 vintage early on but wasn't long before we saw the return of the same old display from Sir Runsalot - Lord Flapper of Arms.... :shh
🍾 🎭   :lol :rollin
The club that keeps giving.