Author Topic: Apparel provider and sponsor BLK has gone into recievership  (Read 2839 times)

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Apparel provider and sponsor BLK has gone into recievership
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 01:54:45 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/st-kilda/sports-apparel-company-blk-placed-into-administration-casting-doubt-on-deals-with-six-afl-clubs/news-story/3d8fcb341aad8027e23e77feb7857b9c

Hmmmm........i wonder if we are out of pocket?
I think we had one year left on our contract. The saints just signed a new three year deal!

At least we will finally get a supplier that can give us a yellow and black jumper! :clapping
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 01:57:09 PM »
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/st-kilda/sports-apparel-company-blk-placed-into-administration-casting-doubt-on-deals-with-six-afl-clubs/news-story/3d8fcb341aad8027e23e77feb7857b9c

I think we had one year left on our contract. The saints just signed a new three year deal!

At least we will finally get a supplier that can give us a yellow and black jumper! :clapping

Aye good call Doc.
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 03:32:22 PM »

Aye good call Doc.

You are assuming they are going to close

They are in general administration = receivership

Still trading and a chance to continue....

Think the cyclones in Fiji where their major manufacturing plant was has caused them massive problems

But on the other question if we are out of pocket

If they go under then yes we could be because we would need to find someone else and get them to sponsor to the same value. If we that doesn't happen then yes we'd behind in sponsor $$$

Had heard last week that the new training gear was on a couple of weeks away from arriving. Not sure where that leaves things
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Beans

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 07:30:08 PM »
I have heard a whisper that we are covered with another supplier. I believe a much larger brand.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 09:58:07 PM »
I have heard a whisper that we are covered with another supplier. I believe a much larger brand.

That would be truly amazing seeing the administrators were only appointed yesterday and clubs were only advised in the last 24-48 hours. It's been reported 1 club is searching for a replacement but that's all.

If what Beans has posted is correct will happily put my hand up and say I was wrong but based on the info currently known it would amazing

Will repeat they are currently in administration it is business as usual for now.

And for it was to go down the goneskis path then it's important it's not just about apparel replacement it's about the cash. To come out of this positively we need to a deal that is equal to or better than what we had and will generate the same profit margins we were getting with under this deal.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 12:09:58 AM »
Mrakov/Raoul will be pleased