Author Topic: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Norwood Oval --- Round 4, 2024  (Read 2277 times)

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
Re: Richmond vs St Kilda @ Norwood Oval --- Round 4, 2024
« Reply #180 on: April 08, 2024, 09:57:33 AM »
Agree WP.

I think what's proven from time time and with rebuilds of teams that don't drop away is the acquisition of KP Free Agents. They are so hard to develop. Look at Ess, NM, Adel, Haw. They have really struggled to shoot up the ladder with a lack of KP players. I think our lost stocks are OK, Gibcus and Balta very important but I'd be ensuring the war chest of Dusty and Lynch money goes to acquiring a monster fwd for the nest 5-8 years. We aren't developing any decent ones so have to FA one in aka what Syd did with Buddy, Lions with Daniher, Cats with Cameron, GWS with Hogan.

Id be looking at Cadman, L.McDonald, test fellow rebuilders of a Larkay or Mitch Lewis. We aren't at a point to go get a top fwd in comp like we did Lynch. But it's the biggest area of concern for our list going forward. If we start developing Fawcett he's 5s years away minimum.
Go Tigers!

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
« Reply #181 on: April 08, 2024, 09:59:36 AM »
Honorable losses like yesterday, although painful, are probably good for us this year. We need to get access to the top end of the draft before Tassie comes in.

Offline mat073

• Perth's biggest tiger tragic.
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: April 08, 2024, 10:54:35 AM »
I can accept honourable losses like yesterday when we are playing so many inexperienced / fringe players . I’m loving the work of Ben Miller, Jack Ross , MRJ and Young .
Who’s not pumped to see the potential in Seth Campbell and Tom Brown .

We are going to continue to see a real stocktake of our list -which is exciting.

I get the impression some of you want to go scorched earth rebuild , I quite like the blend of experienced and youth at the moment.
Unleash the tornado

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #183 on: April 08, 2024, 10:57:00 AM »
Ryan's a better key forward than Kosi - and Ryan's not a key forward.... :shh

Spot on play him Kosi lacks intensity and involvement.

Not sure Samson shows the great intensity and involvement that a KPF needs. His 2nd efforts or lack of them is a huge concern

Anyways....

Despite my disappointment at another loss I think what the last few weeks has shown is that we have some genuine talent coming through. And some of the Cubs are maturing with the exposure they are getting. An advantage due to the injuries (if that makes sense)

Campbell, Brown, Sonsie, Miller (he's been v-good the last 2 weeks), Banks and now McAuliffe. Throw in Balta, Ross, MRJ, Young, Bauer and the cupboard isn't as bare as the naysayers go on about

Now I'm not for a minute saying there aren't gaps that need to be addressed but there are a lot or positives and I reckon it's important we don't lose sight of those

Agree we have a spine in the backline with Gibcus,  Miller , Brown and Young that's looking good.

With Regards to Ryan he has his flaws no doubt,  but his the future not Kosi. His perfect has that forward ruck role. Give him a block of games.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: April 08, 2024, 11:02:46 AM »
Agree WP.

I think what's proven from time time and with rebuilds of teams that don't drop away is the acquisition of KP Free Agents. They are so hard to develop. Look at Ess, NM, Adel, Haw. They have really struggled to shoot up the ladder with a lack of KP players. I think our lost stocks are OK, Gibcus and Balta very important but I'd be ensuring the war chest of Dusty and Lynch money goes to acquiring a monster fwd for the nest 5-8 years. We aren't developing any decent ones so have to FA one in aka what Syd did with Buddy, Lions with Daniher, Cats with Cameron, GWS with Hogan.

Id be looking at Cadman, L.McDonald, test fellow rebuilders of a Larkay or Mitch Lewis. We aren't at a point to go get a top fwd in comp like we did Lynch. But it's the biggest area of concern for our list going forward. If we start developing Fawcett he's 5s years away minimum.

Yep we'll have loads of cash available soon.

Dusty OOC this year, Lynch next year, that's about $2.5million/year.

KMac, Pickett, Prestia, Grimes all probably gone in 6-18 months, you'd think that's another $1.5-2.0million at least.

Even if we stagger them I can see another $2mil+ becoming available at the end of this year and next.

So there will be ammo in the war chest for sure.

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #185 on: April 08, 2024, 11:57:18 AM »
I think we have the ability to develop though. I’d love to pick up a 19 year old key forward in this draft who we can watch for 10-15 years, like reiwoldt and Richo.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2024, 12:05:01 PM »
I think we have the ability to develop though. I’d love to pick up a 19 year old key forward in this draft who we can watch for 10-15 years, like reiwoldt and Richo.

:clapping

I think we should all be barracking our collective hearts out for more Freo losses  :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: April 08, 2024, 02:52:25 PM »

I think we should all be barracking our collective hearts out for more Freo losses  :rollin

Is this because you are thinking Baker is going there?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Damo

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Member of famed “Gang Of Four”. Ground the airbus!
« Reply #188 on: April 08, 2024, 04:11:44 PM »

We have their second and third round picks already

Nothing to do with Baker

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #189 on: April 08, 2024, 04:50:42 PM »

We have their second and third round picks already

Nothing to do with Baker

Exactly,  the lower they finish the better those picks become
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 07:07:38 AM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #190 on: April 08, 2024, 05:09:31 PM »
Geezus h Geez  Bloody Jayden Short. Totally unacceptable.  HOW MANY TIMES A GAME DO WE HAVE TO WATCH HIM PANIC WITH BALL IN HAND.

We got nothing in offence again from our wingers neither were involved enough.

Dow was so meh again.

The two key forwards lefau and Kosi  just did not give enough.

Won't go down well but Sonz was quite again can't keep on living on a glimpse here and a glimpse there.

Brown was good imo showed poise and used the ball well.
Campbell did enough again.

MRJ two good goals two great run down tackles but again just went missing for big chunks of the game. Still don't see it with him.

Mansell like MRJ chased hard but just did not offer enough.

Miller and Young were servicable but are they the long term answer think we need to be looking for upgrades long term.

Graham well he got a reasonable amount of ball. Laid some tackles won some contested ball even had a few clearances but everything was just run of the mill stuff.

Thats enough for now thought we got out played for three quarters and did well to not lose by more

Oh yeah McAuliffe sheesh who would want to debut for us seems they have rotten luck with injury. Also bloody poor coaching by all.
Kid should have started the game and certainly should have come on at half time given the way were starting to get beaten in the midfield.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #191 on: April 08, 2024, 06:58:33 PM »
Geezus h Geez  Bloody Jayden Short. Totally unacceptable.  HOW MANY TIMES A GAME DO WE HAVE TO WATCH HIM PANIC WITH BALL IN HAND.

We got nothing in offence again from our wingers neither were involved enough.

Dow was so meh again.

The two key forwards lefau and Kosi  just did not give enough.

Won't go down well but Sonz was quite again can't keep on living on a glimpse here and a glimpse there.

Brown was good imo showed poise and used the ball well.
Campbell did enough again.

MRJ two good goals two great run down tackles but again just went missing for big chunks of the game. Still don't see it with him.

Mansell like MRJ chased hard but just did not offer enough.

Miller and Young were servicable but are they the long term answer think we need to be looking for upgrades long term.

Graham well he got a reasonable amount of ball. Laid some tackles won some contested ball even had a few clearances but everything was just run of the mill stuff.

Thats enough for now thought we got out played for three quarters and did well to not lose by more

Oh yeah McAuliffe sheesh who would want to debut for us seems they have rotten luck with injury. Also bloody poor coaching by all.
Kid should have started the game and certainly should have come on at half time given the way were starting to get beaten in the midfield.

I generally enjoy your participation but sometimes I feel like a 30 touch 2 goal game wouldn't be good enough for a midfielder if they had half a quiet quarter...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #192 on: April 08, 2024, 11:10:27 PM »
WHAT THEY GOT RIGHT AND WRONG: EACH CLUB’S WINS AND WOES FROM ROUND 4

Andrew Slevison
SEN
8 April 2024

What they got right

Effort, intent and attitude

What Richmond may be lacking in skill and polish, they are making up for with effort and attitude.

Apart from the first half in Opening Round against Gold Coast, the Tigers have acquitted themselves well under Adem Yze.

They may have a need for a little bit more composure and prowess with ball in hand, but at least the effort, intent and attitude is flowing through the players.

Defensively sound

To keep any side to one goal in a half is a fairly decent, especially considering there are some inexperienced players in defence.

The Tigers kept the likes of Max King and Tim Membrey under wraps inside 50 with players such as Tylar Young (23 games) and Ben Miller (28 games) playing pivotal roles.

Despite going under by seven points, they restricted the Saints to 67 points which was their best defensive result in five games this season.

Valuable minutes into kids

The Tigers are in somewhat of a rebuilding phase so it’s important to get games into the developing players.

Tom Brown was excellent across half-back, Seth Campbell again played well as a small forward in his fifth game, Tyler Sonsie got valuable minutes, while Rhyan Mansell, Tylar Young, Ben Miller, Maurice Rioli and Mykelti Lefau all contributed.

Kane McAuliffe also debuted, coming in for the injured Thomson Down in the third quarter.

It is this group that will need to come through if things are to continue improving under Yze.

What they got wrong

Attack around the contest dissipated

After a strong start, the Tigers were out-hunted in the second half, particularly in the third quarter.

Their attack around the contest dissipated which led to another lapse where the Saints kicked three goals in just over six minutes on their way to seven scoring shots in 14 minutes.

While we did praise their effort and intent earlier, it did fall away for a 15-minute patch in the third term which in the end cost them the game.

Execution and polish

The Tigers had as much ball forward as the Saints, only having one less inside 50 (56-55).

However, the Saints were able to conjure 22 scoring shots while the Tigers could only muster 15.

A lack of polish and execution, highlighted by their 69 per cent disposal efficiency, contributed greatly to Richmond’s eventual loss.

Forward line synergy

Despite Bolton’s almost match-winning four-goal haul, not much else overly worked in attack for the Tigers.

The synergy of a brand new forward setup which includes Jacob Koschitzke, Mykelti Lefau, Tyler Sonsie, Rhyan Mansell, Seth Campbell and Maurice Rioli is going to take time.

Bolton was amazing and Dustin Martin was also very good (while spending time up the ground), but there might be some pain in and around forward 50 before it gets better.

The Tigers are already crying out for Noah Balta to return.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2024/04/08/what-they-got-right-and-wrong-each-clubs-wins-and-woes-from-round-4/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #193 on: April 08, 2024, 11:35:03 PM »
Coaches' votes (Yze & Lyon)

Richmond v St Kilda

10 Shai Bolton (RICH)
7 Jack Steele (STK)
4 Dustin Martin (RICH)
3 Jack Sinclair (STK)
2 Josh Battle (STK)
2 Bradley Hill (STK)
1 Tim Taranto (RICH)
1 Callum Wilkie (STK)

https://www.afl.com.au/news/1104929/coaches-votes-r4-port-adelaide-stars-connor-rozee-and-jason-horne-francis-rewarded-isaac-heeneys-brownlow-medal-omen