Author Topic: What & where do we need to improve in 2023?  (Read 914 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
What & where do we need to improve in 2023?
« on: September 26, 2022, 03:39:05 AM »
12th in contested possessions differential.

Last (18th) in stoppage clearances differential.

The stats back up our need for more quality mids and why we are chasing after Taranto and Hopper.

https://issuu.com/lifestyle1-media/docs/afl_record_grand_final_digital/244

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: What & where do we need to improve in 2023?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2022, 07:30:16 AM »
For me the lapses and school boy stuff cost us atleast 5 wins including the final against the Lions.For a side that had personal with that experience and won flags it's inexcusable the mistakes that we seen still upset about it prime example is cats you never see our mistakes in there game

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2022, 11:21:01 AM »
Undisciplined play
Leaky defence
Basic things like rushing behinds, kicking before your 30sec is up etc

Offline Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2022, 01:54:50 AM »
I’m hoping that what most people are saying is right in that if we upgrade our midfield and boost our contested ball and clearance numbers that it will in turn reduce our scores conceded.

I’m not 100% convinced that is the main reason for our defensive issues as we more often than not struggled in that department in the premiership years and we were still lead by our defence. Retirements and rule changes also haven’t helped but our defensive structure hasn’t been what it needs to be imo and we seem to lose 1v1 contests far too often - hopefully rutten can assist with this.

In any case bringing in the 2 gws boys should improve us significantly, I just think our defence needs work too.

Offline Gracie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2022, 10:37:59 AM »
For me the lapses and school boy stuff cost us atleast 5 wins including the final against the Lions.For a side that had personal with that experience and won flags it's inexcusable the mistakes that we seen still upset about it prime example is cats you never see our mistakes in there game

Fixing the midfield is # 1 priority but agree with your comments. The lapses and school boy errors are still frustrating me as well