Football > View from the Outer

AFLW thread

(1/11) > >>

one-eyed:
A full house last night at Princes Park for the first ever AFL Women's league match.

CARLTON                 3.0    4.1    6.1    7.4  (46)
COLLINGWOOD        1.2    1.4    1.5    1.5  (11)

GOALS
Carlton: Vescio 4, Arnell, Davey, Jakobsson
Collingwood: Garner

BEST
Carlton: Davey, Vescio, Exon, Jakobsson, Arnell, Keryk
Collingwood: D'Arcy, Chiocci, Barden, White

Official crowd: 24,568 at Ikon Park, Carlton

The AFL officially declared a lock out at 8pm, midway through the first quarter. League CEO Gillon McLachlan made an announcement to the crowd at quarter time to address the situation. McLachlan also ventured outside the ground to apologise to the 1000-2000 estimated people unable to get into the venue, based on the advice of Victoria Police. The AFL, of course, moved the historic first match of from Olympic Park Oval to Ikon Park due to concerns over the size of the Magpies' ground. McLachlan said; "It's an amazing turnout and clearly we're a little overwhelmed by the response."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-02-03/blue-ribbon-day-for-aflw-as-carlton-downs-collingwood-in-inaugural-match

Diocletian:
Seven goals to one - sounds like a real cracker.... :clapping

Anyway, why would we give a stuff? Richmond isn't even involved in this competition.

Damo:
I watched bits and pieces of the game and won't watch again. Far worse than local park footy.

🏅Dooks:
Set aside some time to watch it.

I wasnt entertained. Standard was alot poorer than i expected and my expectations were low. Others may disagree.

It has a place and should be kept but once the novelty wears off i suspect it will be near empty stands.

WilliamPowell:
Currently at the Whitten Oval.

Wish our blokes attacked contests and tackled like they are out here this evening

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version