Author Topic: Ben Griffiths out indefinitely after suffering 2nd concussion this year  (Read 1596 times)

Offline Simonator

• RFC Hall of Fame
Why take the risk honestly. Doesn't even need a direct knock to be concussed. Could end up like one of those old boxers from the 70's. So much unknown with concussion and the effects on the brain

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
From President Peggy O'Neal's column today:

What is the Club’s position on Ben Griffiths and his on-going concussion issues?

I’m sure all members and supporters would agree that the most important thing is Ben’s health and playing football is very much secondary at the moment. The Club is doing everything we can to work with Ben, and the medical staff, to understand the nature of his concussions. Until such time as we have some clarity around his medical condition we are unable to shed any light on his short-to-mid-term future. Ben is a fine young man and we will continue to give him every support and take an understandably cautious approach.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-05-19/from-the-president-may-19-2017

Online Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, court jester of the AFL.
We know Francis is an excellent recruiter and think his track record speaks for itself. That's why we are confident that in time we know that the selection of Ben over Nathan will be justifiable.

We will be offering Francis a lucrative extension on his current contract to reflect the confidence we have in his excellent abilities that will continue to find those decent well respected boys the other clubs just aren't looking for and don't want.

:rollin
http://youtu.be/rGIY5Vyj4YM

:joker The club that keeps giving  :joker

Offline Francois Hackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Yes Peggy Sue bens health is important as is ours so put us out of our misery and send him on his way to retirement

"I am not overly a people person ... it is something that I think I have got better at, and I still have to get better at after all these years"

Offline camboon

• RFC Hall of Fame
How many games have Richmond won since Griff went down?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
He went down in Round 2 -v- Collingwood

So won 3 lost 4
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
So we're 1.5 and 0 with Griff? We need him back ASAP